Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xbox One voice chat

starfire
Dabbler

Xbox One voice chat

Hi,
My son is having problems with his new Xbox One (X1) and chat - specifically he cannot speak or hear anyone in a party or multiplayer games and no one can hear him.
He had an Xbox 360 and that was fine.
I've ran network check on the X1 and it passes fine, NAT is open. Everything apart from chat works fine.
I have UPnP and Game Mode enabled on the TG582n.
I've ran a check on the headset and that picks up the microphone as you can see it flashing when you speak on screen so I doubt its faulty, I've also ensured the controller and headset and running the latest FW.
Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks.
8 REPLIES 8
starfire
Dabbler

Re: Xbox One voice chat

Does anyone have Xbox One and party chat and TG582n working OK?
Averagejoe
Grafter

Hi,
Generally the NAT has been the issue but as its open all should be well, is it worth googling the specific game.  My son has had issues with similar problems and it seemed to be a quirk of the game.  Unless it something simple like the mute button on the bit that connects to the controller.  is he using the standard XB1 headset?
starfire
Dabbler

Hi,
Yes its the standard XB1 headset.
As a test I installed the Skype app and did a test call, this worked fine and through the headset we could hear our voice being played back so that proves the headset hardware is fine.
I've been on Xbox support chat and they've asked me to forward a bunch of ports, I'll try this but personally don't think it should be needed when NAT is open.
Cheers.
Averagejoe
Grafter

This might help someone with more knowledge than me but are you on adsl or fiber.  If fiber can you try your old router to work with the BT modem, just to eliminate the PN router.
I must admit I didn't bother with the PN gear and went straight to a TP Link all in one job and haven't suffered too many issues.
if you google clearing XB1 cache there isn't a way of doing like the XB360 but I think holding the off button on the front of the console for 10 secs does the same thing, and then unplug power brick for 5-10 mins might be worth a shot, in addition to uninstalling game and re-installing.
starfire
Dabbler

I'm on Fibre, haven't got an old router that would work the the BT modem AFAIK.
I've cleared the X1 cache, deleted profile, tried alternate mac etc etc.
I'll forward all the ports and assign a static IP to the X1 to see if it makes any difference....
Averagejoe
Grafter

I'm pretty much at the limit of my knowledge, it it worth trying using open DNS or google DNS just to see if there is any change?
starfire
Dabbler

Well, I've disconnected everything from my network, just the X1 connected directly to the router, configured it in the DMZ and still chat does not work.
About given up, will take it back to the store I think.
Pile of rubbish, it shouldn't take a network genius to get it working.
Looking at the Xbox forums I can see lots of people suffering chat issues.
Averagejoe
Grafter

Have to admit not had any of these problems with our PS4, XB1 feels like hard work sometimes.