Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xbox One Connection - Opening Ports?

suebuckby
Grafter

Xbox One Connection - Opening Ports?

Hi there,
I've noticed that on a lot of games on the Xbox One that our NAT type is strict yet on the Xbox settings it's open. Is there anyway that a member of staff could open some specific ports for us? These listed here - https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/networking/network-ports-used-xbox-live
4 REPLIES 4
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Xbox One Connection - Opening Ports?

Hi, this needs to be done on the router really, and should be possible from the config pages - though rather than setting up rules for the ports it'd be quicker and easier to put the XBox into the DMZ on the router? Basically that means all ports will be open to the XBox (but everything else plugged in will be as normal).

To do that, log in to the router then choose Toolbox on the left -> Game & Application Sharing -> At the bottom of that page should be a link to "Assign the DMZ to a local network device". Click that link. On the following page, put the IP that the XBox has been given by the router into the box and click enable, then save settings - that should sort it out? Please let us know if not.
suebuckby
Grafter

Yes that seems to have worked now Matt, thank you. Have you got any idea as to why though when I do an advanced network check on my Xbox One. It states that the download is 33-38Mb? But as you're well aware we're not getting anywhere near that.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Only thing I can think of is that the XBox is wired and the other machines wireless? If it's not that then honestly I'm stumped, though hopefully the investigation will reveal more about what's going on.
suebuckby
Grafter

I'll leave you stumped then because it's Wireless and when I do the test wired with the modem and router I only get 4-12! So have no idea how it's showing up as so high on the Xbox. Crazy connection right now to be honest. Will be glad if it's fixed tomorrow.