Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xbox Live connection issue = MTU failure

Chinster
Grafter

Xbox Live connection issue = MTU failure

Hi guys, bit of background -
I was previously on Plustnet Your Way Pro.  I got married, moved into the wife's house and am now on Option 2 though am being upgraded to Your Way Pro at start of next billing cycle (in a week or two).
I've set up my Xbox 360 through my Netgear wireless DG834 router as in my old house.  Things were fine up until last night when I couldn't connect to Xbox Live.
On running a connection test it failed on the MTU test telling me that my MTU had to be a minimum of 1364.
I haven't changed the MTU on the router, in fact I haven't changed any settings.  My PS3 is still connecting perfectly fine and I was playing Wipeout HD online with not a hint of lag or connection problems.
The support message on the screen asked me to contact my ISP, so thought I'd try through the forums first as my wife hasn't added me to the account yet so I don't think I can open a support ticket.
Can anyone help in relation to this sudded MTU failure on the 360?
Thanks in advance,
Mark. Cry
8 REPLIES 8
James
Grafter

Re: Xbox Live connection issue = MTU failure

Hi Chinster,
I think that this is a known issue.  XBox Live was down for maintenance yesterday, causing us to get a few of these calls.
Chinster
Grafter

Thanks, I'll try it again once I get home from work!
scootie
Grafter

yeah live is back up now. thank god cold turkey stint is over hehe
got some single player done yestaraday but my gamer score hasnt updated on xbox.com when ive hooked up to live today.
all this down time for some silly avators yeah i know new exprince this and that. only bit i have heard about that sounds good is the bit u can save a full game to hard drive then i will only have the fans noise to put up with and the odd game that will boot quicker
Just had a thought if this save a game to hard drive is true whats to stop you from saving the game to hard drive and then taking your disc to game station and exchanging it?
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Just had a thought if this save a game to hard drive is true whats to stop you from saving the game to hard drive and then taking your disc to game station and exchanging it?

You'll still have to have the disk in the drive for validation, however it won't load the game from there which will make access times faster. I wrote a brief blog on this a few weeks back.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
James
Grafter

I'm actually quite looking forward to going home (I know, I'm going to have to drag myself out of here which will pierce a whole in my heart) and having a poke around on XBL to see what's different Smiley
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

and having a poke around on XBL to see what's different

Nothing yet Tongue It's not released until November apparently.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
scootie
Grafter

Just hope that it only checks the disc once and its not constantly reading it as when i play a demo from the hard disk its quite nice not having the t.v sound on full blast.
Not sure loading up faster is much of a bouns for multiplayer as most games you have to wait for every one to load first and not all will use the hard disk.
Morphies
Dabbler

It wont affect multiplayer game modes, most of the waiting is for gmers to sync up.
It will however stop the huge noise coming from the drive, and less drive use = cooler xbox and longer lasting cd drive 🙂
Although I must say i'm more looking forward to the 8 way private chat.
Gone are the days of having some sill 10 year old screaming american randomly join your party of 5 on COD 4... w00t!