cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xbox Live cannot connect to parties or games.

Link222

Xbox Live cannot connect to parties or games.

I have been trying to play on my xbox live for weeks now and cannot. it will not connect to any parties, and takes 10 minutes to connect to a game on MW2. I have open nat and i have done the port forwarding in my thomson 585v7 router, however the router keeps forgetting I attached the game and application sharing to my xbox. Even when it is attatched it still will not correct. When i first got plus net it worked fine then suddenly stopped after a month. i am paying £27 a month for unlimited usage and yet not getting any access to games. help would be greatly appreciated

note: the £27 also includes line rental.
8 REPLIES 8
matt_2k34
Grafter

Re: Xbox Live cannot connect to parties or games.

Have you got your XBOX linked to a static IP ?
If yes, Excellent.
Add the ip to the routers DMZ (this will effectively remove the firewall from protecting your xbox)
This link might help you do that
as it gives you the direct link for your Thomson gateway router to add the IP to the dmz Smiley
Regards
Martha
Grafter

Heyy,
I had a few issues with my xBox 360 when I first tried to get it online, I managed to get it working after a while ago, it seems to be with the fact that you cant change NAT from strict on the Thompson routers, though mine seems to be fixed now with the new dashboard being released Smiley
Anyway, my point I was going to make, I used Port forwarding on my router which seemed to solve a lot of the problems at the time, if Matt_2k34's post doesn't help try visiting http://www.portforward.com
Hope this helps! Best of luck though, I know i'd go a bit insane without my xBox to come home too! Tongue
Link222

Hey
Thanks for all the help. I have done both of these.
My Nat is open and i have done the open ports however it has made no difference.
any other ideas?
topazblue

Hi
I have the same problem with my son's xbox which he has recently not been able to join in on games and parties due to the Nat type being changed to strict despite working fine up till now. Don't know what to do. I'm okay with computers but not the technical side. Tried what the help centre suggested with port forwarding but get stuck on what to put in for "Game and Application Definition" where it requires you to fill in details. No idea what should go in there. The router is a Thomson 585v7. I'd be grateful if anyone knows how to help. I so hate this side of computers.lol
matt_2k34
Grafter

Yes, one more idea...
Plusnet Firewall
Can you login and make sure this is set to "OFF" once you've changed this, you'll have to disconnect and reconnect... Should be hunky dory after that Smiley
Link222

yep done that still no connection to games Sad
Link222

bump... hello?
matt_2k34
Grafter

what package?
Can you give me a better idea of your setup, e.g. is it just thomson router > ethernet cable > xbox
Does the issue disappear if using ethernet not wifi?
if you give me a "run down" of things you've done, that would be useful as i wouldnt be suggesting things you've already tried,
also the search function of the forums for similar wording (or jst general XBL issues) pulls up quite a few threads?
Regards