cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xbox Live Help

andy69

Xbox Live Help

Hi this has probably been asked many times before so sorry, I have had a look but cannot find any posts. Baisically when i signed up to plusnet i spoke to a help advisor and asked him if 10gb would be enough for Xbox live eg of game would be COD BOps say 3/4 hours a day, General browsing say 8 hours a day. Uploading a few pictures a day and downloading a couple. Maybe downloading an hour of soaps (that the mrs has missed) a week. Other than that no music downloads etc. He said it would be fine but looking at other forums they seem to have a different view, where as some agree with the plusnet advisor. What would you say? Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Xbox Live Help

Hmm. Breaking it down:
COD: Black Ops is about 200MB/hr (so 4 hours = 800MB)
General browsing depends on sites - media intensive ones (especially video) will ramp that right up. Bit hard to say unless you specify the sort of browsing you mean.
Pictures, what, say 3-4MB each (assuming decent quality digital photos) so 20MB there.
Video (soaps) tends to be around 3-400MB per half hour, so you're looking at another 800MB there at relatively high quality.
Based on that and not including browsing you're looking at around 2GB per day. I think you'd be much happier on extra, unless you could push some of the more intensive stuff to the off peak hours - that way it wouldn't count towards your usage limit.
Hope that helps,
swanny2020

i'd agree with Matt on this one we had the 10gb and we were always goin over so i would defo go for the extra m8y
andy69

cheers to both of you! I wonder why the plus net guy said it would be ok with 10gb then? Must have just been trying to sell me plus net, and it worked!  Angry
rosstyoung

Hi,
I'm a new Plusnet user and had exacly the same problem. I'm going to post my short but sweet answer to each of the 3 questions on this subject.
In short I joined Plusnet, had a problem with my X-Box, assumed it was Plusnet, phoned to cancel my contract to go to Sky, was offered a month free subscription but initially chose to cancel anyway.
I then had one last attempt and called my local computer repair company. He said it was not an unusual problem and spent 20 mins updating the settings on my Thompson router. It only cost £25 and now the X-box and 2 laptops (work and private) are working perfectly and have been for the last 2 months.
I called Plusnet and they honoured their 1 month free.
Hope this helps