cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xbox Live - Disconnected...Then connected...

SuperSaiyan4
Grafter

Xbox Live - Disconnected...Then connected...

I read that many customers of PlusNet have been getting this issue and since now being a new member I too am getting this issue and its doing my head in to be honest.
I have already put the numbers in on DMZ etc and am technical minded so Ive already taken all the steps to ensure gaming is on and such.
However when I go to log into Live it takes ages then says Disconnected from Xbox Live but then it keeps trying and sometimes it will just end up connecting, other times it wont and tells me to do a check. I do a check and all comes back as 100% ok no problems.
So I would love to know what on earth is going on, my bet is that this cheap PlusNet router is at fault but has anyone perhaps got any solutions please? I have a feeling this problem is very well known and only way of a fix would be a firmware update to the router itself.
3 REPLIES 3
SuperSaiyan4
Grafter

Re: Xbox Live - Disconnected...Then connected...

Just turned off Game mode and also found the DMZ number was now different to the IP address assigned to my Xbox 360, just changed this along with turning off Game mode and it signed into Xbox Live straight away...I guess ill monitor this and see if I actually found a solution but looks positive thus far.
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Still working ok?
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
SuperSaiyan4
Grafter

Yup still seems to be working fine, just slightly longer to sign in but now seems all ok.