cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xbox Live DLC

zebbedi
Grafter

Xbox Live DLC

Im on the old plus.net premier option 1 account, and just wondered if xbox live dlc downloads get throttled/shaped?

recently its been painfully slow to download anything and im wondering if its plus.net or microsoft. everything else seems fine, so im assuming its ms.
im tempted to switch over to pro account, but just cant decide.
4 REPLIES 4
scootie
Grafter

Re: Xbox Live DLC

have read through this thread from awhile ago.
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php?action=post;topic=76160.0;num_replies=0
bite size chunk of that thread is it started of as slow XBL marketplace PSN marketplace ect and once they increased capicty i pushed for the streaming videos on XBL NXE to be prioitized corretly as they just wouldnt buffer a few months ago.
have you noticed that they now work straight away with no major buffering?.
any way if i get time tomoro i will have ago at wiresharking some of the demo downloads ect and see how they perform on my unlimited package connection
Tyreal74
Grafter

im trying to get burnout paradise 1.8 update it was sooo slow last night after 3 hours i was on 25%
zebbedi
Grafter

I use to be able to stream a movie a few months ago. It would download about 5% then allow me to watch it whilst it downloaded in the background. Now i can't. Infact last time i downloaded a movie a few weeks ago it took 3 hours to get it.
Bearing in mind i get full 8meg thats pretty slow.
Also grabbed fallout 3 broken steel last night. That was 620mb and took over an hour. I use to be able to download entire 1gb demos in a matter of minutes.
scootie
Grafter

when i was wiresharking the true streaming videos, demo downloads were picked up as 0x80 gold maybe when making the new sig PN changed the downloads to 0x60 iam not sure as soon as the streams were fixed i packed my spare xbox away that i use to wireshark with.
I use to be able to stream a movie a few months ago. It would download about 5% then allow me to watch it whilst it downloaded in the background. Now i can't. Infact last time i downloaded a movie a few weeks ago it took 3 hours to get it.

if you can build a case that the movie downloads can be used as  streaming as well as background downloads then maybe PN may upgrade them to 0x80 if there at 0x60 now.