cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xbox LIVE Gold Subscription More Expensive as of November 1, for Some

Steve
Seasoned Pro

Xbox LIVE Gold Subscription More Expensive as of November 1, for Some

Gamers currently owning or looking to buy an Xbox LIVE subscription better hurry since Microsoft plans to boost the price in a few markets worldwide.
Customers have only two more months to buy Xbox LIVE Gold subscriptions at the current prices, after which they will need to cough up some extra cash, according to Larry Hryb, the director of programming for Xbox Live (who uses the pseudonym Major Nelson).
“I wanted to let you know that as of November 1, 2010 we are increasing the price of an Xbox LIVE for some members. This price increase only affects Xbox LIVE Members in Canada, Mexico, United Kingdom or the United States,” Hryb added.
At the same time, users need to understand that only a few subscription packages will be impacted by the price increase planned for the start of November.
In this regard, the software giant assured customers that prices will not go up across the table, nor will they impact customers in all markets where Xbox LIVE is available.
US gamers are currently paying $7.99 for the 1 month Xbox LIVE Gold subscription, $19.99 for 3 months, and $49.99 for an entire year.
Come November 1st, 2010, they will pay $9.99 for the 1 month Xbox LIVE Gold subscription, $24.99 for 3 months, and $59.99 for 12 months.
"Since launching Xbox LIVE in 2002 we have continually added more content and entertainment experiences for our members, while keeping the price the same,” Hryb revealed.

Looks Like I wont be buying gold anymore!! More Details.......http://news.softpedia.com/news/Xbox-LIVE-Gold-Subscription-More-Expensive-as-of-November-1-for-Some-154509.shtml
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
4 REPLIES 4
HaydnExport
Grafter

Re: Xbox LIVE Gold Subscription More Expensive as of November 1, for Some

they are only increasing the month by month uk tariff to 5.99 , the 3 month and 12 month package remains unchanged.  I'd never pay a subscription to play online mind you
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Yeah discovered that after posting this, Its a bloody clever move from Microsoft though, Means everyone should be buying one yearly.
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
Woody3600
Grafter

Just in time for Kinect to come out, coincidence? I think not x
Kevster
Dabbler

I have an Xbox have for years but I cant help feeling the Live service is little pricey, may be im just tight. Friends tell me PS network is free all be it with out starting the good old PS3 v 360 conversation I think the 360 gives a better online experience.