Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XBOX live connection problems

sd
Hooked
Fixes: 1

XBOX live connection problems

hello...
Over last few days I have had intermiitent problems getting Xbox live connection.. It goes through the set up OK until it gets to XBOX live on the dashboard at which point it fails
error codes are
W 0000 - 000B
X  0000 - F001
Y 0C8A - 0FE0
Z AFFF - 0019
I have contacted MS but the agent was not very knowledgable and has said we will receive a call back in next few days....Any ideas to  identify the problem would be extremely welcome..
Thanks......
85 REPLIES 85
chriscc

Re: XBOX live connection problems

Your not alone  Wink 
I've just joined here to report exactly the same fault! 
Only joined xbox live on saturday, but it worked fine until tonight.
Connection test confirrms ip  dns  mtu  icmp    Then fails at "xbox live" 
I too contacted MS telephone support and had a hard time getting anywhere with them, resulting in the advice of
try to connect again later    Roll_eyes    and to contact my isp to have ports opened / settings altered  etc.
I phoned plusnet support who were as helpful as they could be and said everything seemed fine with my settings
and to try asking on the support forums.
So if there's anyone with any idea of what might be wrong and how to get the xbox live connection working again,    "sd"  and myself would be most grateful.  Cool
many thanks
Chris
chriscc

I just spent the last hour looking at my router settings and scouring the net for possible solutions.
I couldn't honestly say I discovered anything wrong,  but atm xbox live is working again.  Most likely by co-incidence than anything I did.
I'm sure it made no difference, but I'd just gone to xbox system settings  - network - edit settings. 
I manually adjusted the ip  / gateway etc and tested xbox live connection to find i'd made it worse. 
So I changed back to auto settings and i suddenly had a connection.  Roll_eyes  clear as mud but I wait to see how it fairs over
the next few days. 
Hope you get yours sorted too  sd
sd
Hooked

I tested connection to xbox live this morning and it was OK.. Tried again at 6pm today and again it was OK.... However tried to connect at 8pm and it is constantly failing to connect . Error messages are same as yesterday and no idea what is causing the problem. Any advice would be welcome as this problem is now becoming a real nuisance..
chriscc

Same here again i'm afraid. 
Came home from work and  xbox live is falling to connect.
Wasted time on the phone to xbox live support who blamed my router and then tried plusnet who assured me all settings are fine.
I've since tried 2 different routers and still can't connect!  Angry
Never had any problems on my month free of live back in dec 06
if it's intermittent i'm not sure why it would be the router. 
Internet works fine all the time.
richabrahams
Dabbler

guess what?  i have the same prbolem!  really pulling my hair out here.  ive been having the problem ever since the downtime in october(?) in preperation for their NXE update next week.  i get the same error codes and have phoned microsoft twice and recieved two phone calls from them, so 4 calls in total.  they cant find a solution, one guy even got me to delete my profile despite me not being able to connect to XBL to recover it!
anyway ive tried all sorts, auto IP settings, manual settings, 5 different IP's, opened the following ports http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y96/lucky79/3.jpg (its a router given to me and worked for 7 months before the downtime, ignore the tiscali bit) and still have problems.  worked fine all day saturday, nothing on sunday or monday, fine last night, and tonight when i got home from work.  i turn off and decide to go back online at about 8pm and it fails at the live test again.  i even took my xbox over to a friends house and used his connection to make sure it wasnt my console (he's on BT) and it worked!
i have been a plusnet customer forabout 6 years now, and i have to say they have been good on the whole.  however it seems like all things are slowly pointing to plusnet on this matter.  would it be possible for someone to give some feedback on the issue please?
scootie
Grafter

sorry to report this but all's fine with my XBL. i am on option 3. have the pn firewall off. ip address ect on xbox set manually. xbox's ip address on router is in dmz.
its most likely to do with the dashboard update in some way as since october i have had a few times when i have had to manualy connect to XBL and a couple of times when XBL has disconnected for a few seconds.
before i put my xbox's ip add into the dmz on my router i had some exprince of my xbox not connecting and i use to have to log into my router and clear the upnp ports 3074 and 88 and then i could connect. but as my netgear router by default only kepted the ports live for 30 minutes after they where last used its unlikely this will be your fault as your saying hours/days
chriscc

dunno if you guys can get back on live atm but my connection is working atm.
following advice on another forum i went to xbox - system and  redid the  initial setup -  then logged back onto live ok.
Dunno if that was a co incidence  because i managed to get back online at a similar time last night.
There is nothing at all wrong with my internet connection as it's working fine.
Will  see again tomorrow and test round at a friends mid evening.
good luck everyone cos there doesn't appear to be a definite answer yet.
richabrahams
Dabbler

yeah mine has just connected me.  just stopped playing gears 2, went back to dashboard and it signed me in automatically.  confused now!
richabrahams
Dabbler

Quote from: ASBO
sorry to report this but all's fine with my XBL. i am on option 3. have the pn firewall off. ip address ect on xbox set manually. xbox's ip address on router is in dmz.
its most likely to do with the dashboard update in some way as since october i have had a few times when i have had to manualy connect to XBL and a couple of times when XBL has disconnected for a few seconds.
before i put my xbox's ip add into the dmz on my router i had some exprince of my xbox not connecting and i use to have to log into my router and clear the upnp ports 3074 and 88 and then i could connect. but as my netgear router by default only kepted the ports live for 30 minutes after they where last used its unlikely this will be your fault as your saying hours/days

cant remember which option im on as it was years ago that i signed up.  im on the one that costs £22 a month.  have their firewall off, my routers fierwall off and even took screen shots of every page and got my mate who works in our IT department to look at them.  he couldnt see anything wrong.  i dont have anything in the dmz
richabrahams
Dabbler

my NAT is moderate now  Undecided been open every other time ive been able to connect
sd
Hooked

I have rebooted my x. box and now managed to connect to xbox live...Lets see what tomorrow brings....
Thanks for your support.....
_CN_
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Quote from: sd
error codes are
W 0000 - 000B
X  0000 - F001
Y 0C8A - 0FE0
Z AFFF - 0019

I remember codes ending in Z [something] means you been banned.  FYI Xbox live banned thousands of users yesterday for various reasons, maybe they are having some teething problems.  I see on the Xbox forums there's talk of users with issues getting on Xbox live.  IMO your issues seem to have started at the same time Xbox live have decided to mess around with folks accounts.
scootie
Grafter

Quote from: richabrahams
my NAT is moderate now  Undecided been open every other time ive been able to connect

somthing wrong with your router setup. have you got port forwarding setup right.
dmz is a way off opening all ports to a ceratain ip address. this is o.k to do to gaming consoles but make sure if you use this option to not let your router give the dmz ip address to a pc as it will be a sercuity risk
chriscc

Angry  once again.  early evening and no xbox live connection.    Seems it only works late at night ,  so is it plusnet or xbox live at fault... or even my telephone line
I can't see it being a router problem cos surely that wouldn't keep coming and going.