cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XBOX Live problems last night (28th Oct)

nseaman
Grafter

XBOX Live problems last night (28th Oct)

Hi ALL
New to PN
I set up my xbox with the wireless adapter.... went to play some last night and i couldnt join any games and ones i did were just unplayable
Does anyone know if xbox were updating anything to cause this or is it a problem with my connection
I used to have a poorer connection before moving to PN and i had no lag
Also are there any weird settings to look out for when setting up the xbox wireless adapter?
Cheers.  Smiley
9 REPLIES 9
clockley
Grafter

Re: XBOX Live problems last night (28th Oct)

I was at my partners house last night on the XBox and there were some issues, it was rather slow (watching a film over XBL).
My partner is with another provider, so I think that there may have been XBL issues.
I hope that this has helped.
nseaman
Grafter

Tried again tonight (29th Oct)
Still a terrible connection
I have my pc on wireless and my xbox
The pc is further away from the modem and has full connection and signal
are there any settings for the xbox live adapter i should look out for?... can someone post an image of all there settings to see if mine match up?
I want to play online !! lol
Thanks
scootie
Grafter

i use ethernet and xbox live has bein perfect for me last night and today when i was on for few hours.  i use to have my xbox connected to my pc upstairs and use the pc's wireless connection and use to have alot of lag problems this way had it all set up perfect. its just wireless is not the best way to connect to router when gaming.
Did you still have your pc running when you where using your xbox?
Also have you got port forwarding set up right and what does the nat test come back as when you test your connection on your xbox
nseaman
Grafter

pc not running
I used to have wireless on my laptop and then plugged my xbox into my pc via ethernet and that worked a treat.. i was with orange broadband then
The NAT says open
What is port fowarding?
Im going to try setting everything up from scratch again
I spoke to xbox and nothings wrong with live
scootie
Grafter

you need to forward ports 3074 udp tcp and port 88 udp to your xboxs ip address u do this on your router . there is a think called upnp on your router which should do this auto when it sees those ports inuse if you have this enabled then when running your xbox use your pc to log into your router and check upnp to make sure those ports are in its list. you can also set these rules up manualy. my self use dmz on my router and put my xboxs static ip address in it. dmz allows all traffic. so if you choice this method make sure its your xboxs ip address as if you do it to your pc it will be open to attack with just your software firewall protecting it.
and all so may sound a dumb question but you havent had a resync and your line speed droped really low which would cause random disconnects from rooms ect
and what router is it  you've got. i dont know much about the microsoft wireless adapter but could there be a performe issue with compatablte with your router to some degree. when i had my xbox hooked upto my pc the wirelees signal from my xbox use to drop the link speed of my netgear adapter up and down like a yoyo would go from 54mbps down to 11mbps and back up again constantly thats why i bought a super long ethernet cable off the internet and have it running all most the leangth of my house. thoe the microsoft adapter should be fine with the controllers wireless
p.s sorry for the late reply bein up late playing race driver grid
nseaman
Grafter

Looks like i was being a tool
I had my xbox in a cabinet... it said i had 3 bars out of 4 signal
But If there was a straight line between the xbox wireless adapter and the router the signal would have to go through a drawere full of dvds and a wall
So technically the drawer was acting as about 5 walls lol
I popped the xbox on top of the cabinet and so far the connection has been alot better and playable  Smiley
Must order COD5 and GOW2 now
scootie
Grafter

simple reply from me LOL.
nah cod5 is off my list and bein replaced with simbin's new simulator racer RACE PRO. Got the racing bug ever since i bought the microsoft steering wheel. Just hope race driver grid can kep me going till jan when race pro comes out.
Have fun avoiding the dog attack's on cod5.
nseaman
Grafter

i thought the adapter would of been ok where it was but obviously not lol
I used to be well into my racing games... i will have to take a look at this race pro
Whats your gamertag?
scootie
Grafter

i only play bmc fj1000 in collisons off mode on grid as on collisions on you get alot of rookies and people that think its funny driving wrong way and wrecking you.
Plus collisions off rooms dont have the constant swearing ect all more friendly in collinsons off and the wins all down to pure best racing lines.