cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XBOX Bridged Connection Not working

Andyt1990

XBOX Bridged Connection Not working

Okay, I know there is loads and loads of these threads going around. But i'm on the edge of just complete meltdown.
I can't seem to connect to windows media centre or Xbox Live at all. I am of course using a bridged connection (Ethernet connected from my PC to my Xbox). Which worked fine with my last provider.
I must add that I can't even seem to get my PC & Xbox linked because my router just doesn't seem to generate one for it.
I have tried assigning it it's own IP, and automatic, along with making my PC DMZ etc etc, and nothing and I emphasize nothing works! Sad
I never usually post on any forum as I find answers reletively easy myself but nothing seems to work and I have no idea what else to do..
Please help a lonely xbox live soul!  Huh
2 REPLIES 2
Andyt1990

Re: XBOX Bridged Connection Not working

Oh couple other things, please don't send me links to windows troubleshooting nor to alternate threads as I have been spending 4 hours searching and got totally fed up.
It's a Thompson TG585 V8 FYI.
scootie
Grafter

Re: XBOX Bridged Connection Not working

what ip range is the router dishing out on the dchp and are the pc and xbox getting an ip given to them at all?
i use to have a simlar setup of xbox ethernet to laptop and wireless to a netgear router, i tried the normal way microsoft tells you to do but found only bridged would work after firing wireshark up to find what was going on under the hood.
i would run wireshark on the pc even if you dont fully understand what wireshark is telling you, thats what i did and kept messing with the setup untill i could see some good packets getting through and then tweaked from there on till i got a working bridged connection, trail an error solved mine with the help of wireshark showing what was going on with the likes of ARP packets ( 518 52.539658 Dell_78:**:** Broadcast ARP Who has 192.168.0.2?  Tell 0.0.0.0 ) that packet was trigged on powering up my superhub