cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XBOX 360 can't see router - H E L P !

kiteboystu

XBOX 360 can't see router - H E L P !

I have this router: Netgear DG834GT
Works fine when hard wired to both my Apple Ibook and Apple Imacs...BUT NOT THE XBOX360
We always used to use the XBOX360 as the 'hard wired' hub to the router and the two Applemacs connected wireless.
This all worked PERFECTLY with SkyBroadband. Can't get the XBOX360 to connect 'hard wired' to the Netgear router. It has variuous errors such as "can't find the IP address" etc.
It won't connect using Automatic configuration and it also won't connect if I do it all Manually using various bits of info, numbers, names and passwords that I've saved from 'screen grabs' of before we 'lost' our sky connection and online searches on forums etc. I've wasted THREE nights trying to connect the xbox as our hub now.
Someone must have had the same problem.
It can't be the router cos the MacBook connects immediately and the IMac sees the connection wireless straight away also.
Only thing I ain't tried is pressing a 'reset' switch (if there is one) on the router.
I've gone into all the advanced settings on both the Xbox and the Netgear settings webpage - tried allsorts of different options - no joy!
FINAL WORD: The router we used previous is a blsck SKY branded one (which I assumed wouldn't work with PlusNet so I dug out this Netgear one which we'd used before.
Should I try the SKY router? Can't see it being the router problem to be honest...
PLEASE HELP!
4 REPLIES 4
kiteboystu

Re: XBOX 360 can't see router - H E L P !

Tried re-setting the router tonight - lost all connection even with the Macs!
Tried the Sky Router - didn't work.
Went into Netgear settings and messed it all up - ended up 'rebooting' router through Netgear settings site.
Then I got it back - but only on the Macs - XBOX STILL NOT PLAYING BALL Angry Angry Angry
C'mon people - 25 views and no replies?
Woody3600
Grafter

Is there an IP adress conflict?
kiteboystu

SORTED IT MYSELF Wink - eventually! Angry
Had to set the xbox BASIC SETTINGS to AUto find the Netgear router, then set the ADVANCED settings to NOTHING ???.
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Thats really quite simple tactics to get your issue sorted,i think you may have delved into the problem a bit too deep and forgetting the basics,glad you got it sorted though,bravo Smiley
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.