Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XBL auto renewal debt

scootie
Grafter

XBL auto renewal debt

microsoft + asbo=  Angry
for months now i've been paying for my XBL account month to month by CC, expensive but met my needs at the time so was worth it.
so for the  Angry bit, on adding some M$ points the other day on the web site i just checked the https://billing.microsoft.com/ billing and CC info on my account and to my surprise and a bit of my stupidity by way of leaving a CC that we had stopped on the account as the default service card, microsoft now want £10 off me to be able to put my XBL account into sliver mode at least as Saturday they blocked my account all together.
word of warning turn auto renewal OFF. http://majornelson.com/archive/2009/07/29/how-to-turn-off-xbox-live-account-auto-renewal.aspx?PageIn... not tried this yet as i can't get into my account full stop
it's not as if they try to charge the card once and then block, they have submitted 100's of attempts
for the time being am running on the XBL gamertag = blue cheese 28g
6 REPLIES 6
Tyreal74
Grafter

Re: XBL auto renewal debt

If only i  could do it, i cant click on the on Sad
Oh well, im usually well in order to sort renewals out anyway but i hope you get it sorted
scootie
Grafter

any one know if having this unpaid £10 debt on one xbl account will in time get my xbox banned, am thinking of just starting a new gamer tag as am going to be using pre paid redeem codes from now on, as its going to take a few phone calls to get M$ to remove 4 lots CC details that have been on there for years.
whats the point of allowing XBL users to click remove CC details but when you check the billing url the details are still stored but just got (removed) next to them, 1st PLACE STUPID SYSTEM AWARD goes to M$
matt_2k34
Grafter

personally chap id give them a call, microsoft support is normally pretty good. Smiley
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Quote from: Asbo
word of warning turn auto renewal OFF.

That's exactly what I did after spending some time trying to remove payment details from my account a while back.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

scootie
Grafter

asbo dog's new gamertag is ( drum roll ) "ASBO DOG 1oz" i will be holding a wake for my old gamertag tonight
microsoft "catch me if you can"  Tongue , it just don't sit pretty with me that even when a CC is dead they still keep you on gold for 2 months and place your account in debt, in my opion when auto renewal is on and a dud card is on the account they should just downgrade your account to sliver and stop trying to collect the subs
scootie
Grafter

on month to month option the auto renewal option is disabled  Angry