cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich king

Darren
Grafter

World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich king

Discuss......................... Will this be Blizzards way to combat Warhammer online?!
8 REPLIES 8
Firejack
Grafter

Re: World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich king

WoW doesn't need to do combat Warhammer online. Just like Lord of the Rings Online and all the other fantasy/medieval MMOG's coming out at the moment they won't be able to take away much of WoW's subscribers. WoW is already established and importantly earning a lot of money. Where by Warhammer online, Age of Conan and the other new/upcoming MMOG's designed in a similar style are still in development suffering delays and increased costs. Age of Conan was put by to March 25th 2008 just a few days ago. With those types of delays Wrath of the Lich King will be on sale way before the competition is ready. Bringing many more people and old subscribers to WoW.

The only MMOG's I see being successful are the ones that offer something different from the grind which WoW-style MMOG's have become. So you are looking at Tabula Rasa, Huxley etc that offer a completely different style, sci-fi for these examples, that will become the new success stories.

For me personally I think I'll probably pick up 2 new MMOG titles this year. Tabula Rasa and WoW: WotLK.
The others will have to be really special to change my mind.
Darren
Grafter

I have to disagree.  I mean I have played WoW since the Open US Stress test and haven't stopped since.  Warhammer Online is the only game I have heard people thinking of switching too and truely look forward too.  AoC, LotR etc were never really imo gonna take the blizzard subcribers. 
I will be playing WotLK no doubt, but i am also more than likely run war aswell to test it out, the pvp catches my attention.  after years and years of my WoW Pveing.  Though i am really looking forward to the bring back of Naxx my fave instance.  Infact me and my guild are running a naxx this saturday just for fun.  I personally Love thaddius fight Tongue with bigwigs arrows, I loved it. , though this is if we aren't going to Hijal.
Tyreal74
Grafter

Woltk will be more like tbc....i dont think ill actually play it, as 3 years doing the same things over and over is a bit much...altho tbc did have nice zones and the netherdrakes
Darren
Grafter

Well Lucky me got into the warhammer beta.  So if anyone is interested i will gladly post some feedback or screenies.
karmi
Grafter

Wondering if anyone gets latency problems / disconnects or if its another issue (bad on peak net speeds) thats causing me to drop ingame (especially at lagfights, mother shahraz /hyjal trash ftl).
Its pretty irritating to be DC'd all the time midfights and will probably end up me getting a big fat gkick.
Jadeygogetters
Dabbler

I would love to hear what WAR is like. Im very interested in that game and its pvp prospects with PvE as a side dish.
<Grand Marshal Warlock pree X-realm> Gota love pvp lol.
Btw Tabula Rasa will not be as good as you think. The skill tree is very VERY bland. Being launched out too early and very taxing on your PC even at low rez / GFX. Its a fun game for a while but the novelty runs off. True its a diferent take on the MMO, a crossbreed from CoH and traditional MMOs but it's lacking in the skill tree so badly.
Any way! <DROOLS> Screen shots and your views on WAR please!
Darren
Grafter

Quote from: Jadeygogetters
Any way! <DROOLS> Screen shots and your views on WAR please!

I will happily Try and get some for you tonight depends who's using the beta account (and you can bet it will either be Radagast or Slugslinger as you know Jadey).  Though TBH it ain't that great.
I also Tried Tabula Rasa and was really let down, i was looking forward to this so much and found the gameplay to be BLEH and the servers were rubbish, though it is beta.
Jadeygogetters
Dabbler

😮 Small world! Who are you! lol