cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

World of Warcraft: Bandwith Usage and Interleaving

BobbyDazzler197

World of Warcraft: Bandwith Usage and Interleaving

I'm looking to resubscribe to World of Warcraft, but have not played it on plusNET before. I noticed from threads dated 2 years ago there were problems with WoW, can I assume that there are no (very few) problems with WoW anymore?
Also I'm on the basic Option 1 package, would I be better off on Option 2 because with 1GB I'll exceed usage or just upping my usage by a few GB. I'm a very light user and do all my big downloads off-peak. how does WoW perform off-peak?
Also would interleaving affect WoW as I'm not 100% sure what it is.
Sorry for the many questions, but I tried search and the answers I wanted were outdated.
4 REPLIES 4
James
Grafter

Re: World of Warcraft: Bandwith Usage and Interleaving

Hi there,
I'd definitely recommend looking at Option 2, or maybe just adding a couple of extra GB.  Really, it's probably best to see how it goes! I couldn't give you a definitive figure on how much usage you're going to go through from your World of Warcraft playing.  I would have thought that Option 2 would have been more appropriate though.
Regarding interleaving, this is something that can be removed to improve your ping speeds.  However, there is a downside in that this could lead to your connection being unstable.  Again, I'd see how it goes.  If your pings aren't great then I can have interleaving removed for you within 1 working day.  If it proves to be instable, then I can have it turned back on again for you, again within one working day.
As with so many IT related things, it's a case of trial and error Smiley
Tyreal74
Grafter

i used to play wow on option 2, and had no problems, some of the patches are chunky, but as an ex player youd know this.
option 1 with upped gb capacity should be ok but for sureity go option 2
Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

With the patches I always find it best to download it via standard http and place the partial files in the patch folder, the let the downloader check it and update.
If you do a search plenty of sites will host them once they come out. Much easier than using their direct P2P based downloader.
This also means it's easier to schedule off-peak so it doesn't count towards the allowance.
Or what I normally do, there is a fellow player at work who always gets it before I do, so I take a copy off him Wink
Talking of which 2.3.2 is out today.
pdavidson
Grafter

Another patch? I hope it's not too big, I only just got my Bartender and FuBar addons how I want them Sad
If you're thinking of upgrading to make sure you get the best possible gaming experience then why not try our BBYW Pro product?
http://www.plus.net/residential/broadband/bbyw_pro.shtml
We've had some really good feedback on Pro so it might be the one for you too  Smiley