cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

World Of Warcraft Questions.

Carlr

Re: World Of Warcraft Questions.

JUst registered on forums here to chime in there has definitely been a decrease in performance somewhere for me of late with plusnet and Blizzard servers, though not consistent intermittently the ping is jumping up to 750ish ms in the evenings,with the occasional complete disconnect.
Usually i sit around 30ms and have done for 95% of the last 3 or so years I have had plusnet and pro addon, Also Diablo 3 which I have been glued to since launch did settle down but this week has become quite frustrating at times. Going to try catch a tracert or 2 next time either acts up at least.
Regarding previous problems downloading patches in game its not something I'd do, though there are options in the blizzard launchers about throttling speeds, or only downloading after you exit the game again etc, I tend to go with the latter, as more often than not the patches start downloading days before its relevant to live play Smiley
Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

I've not played it for a few weeks, so can't comment on what their servers have been like recently.
It does let you play before a patch has downloaded, but I always let it download fully. Trouble is, while the game might be whitelisted via PlusNet's traffic management the downloader being P2P based is [Censored] on a normal connection, let alone a PlusNet one where P2P is restricted (unless you have Pro).
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 4

Could someone that's seeing a problem with WoW run us a Wireshark capture please? Start the capture going before starting the game, and we can make sure it's being properly detected.
Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology