cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WoW: Cataclysm

kris

WoW: Cataclysm

Hi All,
       For all of those that were unlucky enough NOT to receive a Beta invite....Patch 4.01 is now available on the PTR's.....this patch is basically the forerunner to Cataclysm. with many of the new mechanics being employed (new talent trees/abilities/spells)
Full details are can be found at http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/patchnotes/test-realm-patchnotes.html

FOR THE ALLIANCE!!!! Cheesy

Forgot to mention that the download is 16Gb, so if your on the value package like me, it might be best to download after midnight Undecided Undecided
12 REPLIES 12
Mattz0r
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: WoW: Cataclysm

I must say, I'm quite impressed with the new patch.
It didn't take me long to download either - on my 50Mb virgin connection, it was downloaded within an hour or so. (the 5.3Gb three stage update parts).
Blizzard are doing quite well ironing out the bugs, I reported a graphic bug that they didn't know about last night, and it was fixed in a patch this morning. I think thats quite good for Blizzard.
Still 50/50 on whether i'm going to buy Cataclysm or not. £30 for 5 extra levels seems a bit much in my opinion. that's, if it's going to be £30 of course.
And, I agree with the statement above....
FOR THE ALLIANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
rogadodge
Aspiring Pro

Hi guys, a hordie here (forgive me).
I have a major problem with WoW at the moment. At the latest patch I got the 'press exit to download patch' message. Duly did this and then got message unable to download patch. searched my folders and the patch is nowhere to be found. The help i got from Blizzard was to delete and reload. So I deleted and was unable to load client from eu pages as I got message unable to connect to the internet. Even though everything else was connected.
I now cannot load anyrthing beyond the first disc either, i get the same message.
Can you tell me a)  what the defined games list please, how does it 'work' ?
                             b) do i need to open up ports in router firewall the same as windows firewall. ?
Any help would be appreciated. ( My first character was alliance, and I keep it for sentimental reasons - and cross trading in booty bay  Wink  ).
Mattz0r
Rising Star

Yeah, that seems a bit odd!
You shouldn't need to open any ports at all to be honest.
I assume you are installing from a digital download rather than CD/DVD install?
I used to have problems when it got up to download WOTLK it would constantly ask me to put in the dvd even though it was a digital download! - But thankfully, with the latest patch, I had no issues.
I really don't know what to suggest with this =/ - I hope you get it sorted out soon though - Let us know what the problem was, if you do manage to get it resolved!
Sorry I couldn't be of any use Sad
rogadodge
Aspiring Pro

Thanks, Blizz came up with the solution ( they do actually respond sometimes-eventually).
I have now downloaded 80% and tried to play, but s*ds law , I have a 'critical error'. So will let it complete then try again. If that fails try the repair facility. If that fails play minesweeper for the rest of my life.  Cry
Mattz0r
Rising Star

I started to read this, and thought, WOOT! Progress! - Then read the "but" Sad
I'm sorry to hear that you are still having this issue =/ it sucks.
when i first installed, it took me 6 attempts to get past the WOTLK installation part. thats quite a lot of bandwidth! lol.
But yeah - I hope you do get it sorted out. Thanks for the update.
rogadodge
Aspiring Pro

Yay, downloaded and playing  Cheesy (anyone else think that blizz has lost the plot with the changes they have made?).
Still confused about what a defined game is though?  Is there a benefit of having a game 'defined'?  I have asked this before in other posts, but no response.  Huh
Mattz0r
Rising Star

Defined games, just means it'll be prioritised as a game, rather than "other" traffic, which isn't prioritised as high as gaming.

Matt
pikey

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Broadband-down-your-phone-line/World-of-Warcraft-Latency-Issues/...
Thats the official message to Virgin customers regarding wow. I personally know two families that cannot play for the time being. If you didnt read the link, basically Wow changed how it forms its TCP/IP packets, Virgins management kit doesnt know what it is and dumps it to the lowest form of traffic management with all the p2p traffic and users get horrible latency and DCN issues, especially peak times.
Virgin 50MB cable broadband....on its arse. how we laughed.
rogadodge
Aspiring Pro

Ok, thanks. Now a further question - does this prioritisation (is that a word?) ,does PN do this automatically or do i have to 'register'? Still new to broadband, so probably asking silly questions .
Mattz0r
Rising Star

Quote from: pikey

Virgin 50MB cable broadband....on its arse

Yeah.......... i get constant pings of like 400-500 Sad
@ rogadodge, its automagic Smiley
matt_2k34
Grafter

the statement is for their ASDL service - having issues on their Cable service too??  Shocked
Mattz0r
Rising Star

I was to start with.... It seems to have settled down now Smiley