cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows Live and Xbox

BexnMark
Dabbler

Windows Live and Xbox

We recently had to create a new email/windows live ID for my son because his old account was hacked and we couldnt satisfy the windows support team of our authenticity with their security questions.
Now we're in catch 22 with his xbox account.  Its still registered in his old email which is locked down so we cant log in to change his details.  He doesnt want to create a new xbox account because of how much he has spent on his avatar and the membership etc.  I know this question isnt related to the router or plus net in general, but I thought someone out there might be able to help us regarding how we could get around this?  We have logged the same questions with Windows Live Support but they have been not much better than useless at responding to anything.  And of course we cant log it with xbox coz they want his account details!!!
Anyone....?  Anything....?
Cheers
5 REPLIES 5
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Re: Windows Live and Xbox

Cant you change the email address from the Xbox console Itself?
Someone here may be able to help...http://forums.xbox.com/en-gb/uk_general_xbox_discussion/f/229.aspx
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
BexnMark
Dabbler

Cheers; will try it from home tonight.  Just tried the link from work and the site is blocked as its 'message board and forums' - we have restricted access.
BexnMark
Dabbler

Cant be done from console and xbox (on the phone) said they are unable to help - we must go through windows live support.  The exchanges I have had with windows so far have been useless.  They keep saying we will need to go through password validation/reset process - which is the exact reason we're in this mess!!!  If we could have remember the answers to their security questions we would not be in the first place we wouldnt have needed to create another Live ID.  My last post to their support forum contained a bit of a rant  Wink so I'm not expecting much help now..... 
Any more ideas anyone...?
BexnMark
Dabbler

Jeez I'm so stressed I cant string a sentence together - should have read.... 'if we could remember the answers to their security questions in the first place we wouldnt have needed to create another Live ID'.  Hmph. 
BexnMark
Dabbler

The xbox forum link couldnt help.  We applied our new live id but it wanted the gamertag which is linked to his old account...  Embarrassed
There must be a way to bypass this; I cant believe all you hard core gamers out there havent found a way round this; please can someone help?
Thanks