cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiiWare

dgreen007
Grafter

WiiWare

Can anyone please explain a couple of things to me as I am very new to this gaming craze but I would love to get involved.
1) What exactly is Wiiware and how do I obtain it?
2) How do i get involved in the gaming world of Plusnet, what exactly do I need?
Please treat me as a complete novice with very little knowledge.
Thanks
6 REPLIES 6
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: WiiWare

WiiWare are just games that you can download, have a look here for some more info.
You'll need to get your Wii online using the in build WiFi
Can you expand a bit what you mean by the gaming world of PN? Do you mean just playing other forum members online or is there more to it?

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
scootie
Grafter

if you havent got a console yet and are looking at geting a gaming console go for the XBOX 360 and dont listen to adiewoo.
he will advise you to get a
o look that negative word monster is back again Grin
only messing about your in the right place for advise into getting on the online multiplayer band wagon.
do you allready have a console or pc that you wish to online game with?
dgreen007
Grafter

Thanks for your help.
Ok, I've got the Wii and I'm online... I've played mario Kart online so in that respect I'm all set up.
I'd love to get more into the gaming online and gaming in general.
I saw a review for World of Goo and how it is WiiWare etc and I thought that looks good, how doI get it.
I've also got a few PCs scattered around the house...ok, they're all on the same network (netgear router).
I have to admit that I'm totally confued by the PN gaming thing, is it a central area where you can play against other members?
dgreen007
Grafter

ok, I've sussed the WiiWare thing and understand how it works.
Is there anyway you can collect the points without having to buy them?
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

No you have to buy your points.
There aren't any central PN owned servers that I'm aware of, though I know there have been a few people get together to play the PC version of Team Fortress and the XBOX'ers have had a few games together.
Where PN comes into its own for gaming is that the traffic is prioritised on the network so you won't be impacted by others users activity as you may be on other providers networks.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
dgreen007
Grafter

Thanks Adiewoo.
I suppose it's a simple case of having to buy the software for your PC and then going on line...