Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wii Component Cable

AWB70
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Wii Component Cable

Are they all just the same, Is there much difference in any of them?
8 REPLIES 8
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Re: Wii Component Cable

All the same just more dearer for brand names, I got one from ebay for a couple quid and the picture quality has vastly improved.
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
AWB70
Aspiring Pro

Thanks Steve I was wondering, the quality on my TV is a bit rubbish with the standard leads. My TV is wall mounted and I'm looking at loosing the cables in the wall somehow so don't want to have to change them.
Have you ever come across anything that looks good for losing cables on a wall mounted TV. I was thinking of something slimline that goes behind the TV to plug everything in so I only have to lose one power lead from the floor to the wall bracket, the bracket conceals them from there.
I found quite a neat thing on a USA website but can't find an equivalent UK version.
A bit like this but needing to have 4x240v outlets. http://www.monstercable.com/productdisplay.asp?pin=5995
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Cant help you there I'm afraid, Sorry.
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
Lorenzo48
Grafter

Have 2 wiis and 2 lots of component for the TV's. 1 is around £2.99 off ebay and one is Genuine Nintendo at £18
The Nintendo one is slightly better to be honest but it's very very marginal. I thought the nintendo had better colour but of course this could be a placebo of spending more money lol
If upgrading from the std cables the £2.99 will be impressive enough.
Kevster
Dabbler

I have a Wii which used to have the original Nintendo but this oddly broke, and I suspect the dog but I replaced this with an Ebay special, to be honest I could not see a difference.
AWB70
Aspiring Pro

I ordered one but hasn't arrived yet, did you get a composite cable or component? some say the composite cable but into a scart is marginally better.
I hope it does improve, I have a decent tv and was shocked at how bad the picture is on standard leads.
Lurker
Grafter

Quote from: AverageWhiteBloke
Thanks Steve I was wondering, the quality on my TV is a bit rubbish with the standard leads. My TV is wall mounted and I'm looking at loosing the cables in the wall somehow so don't want to have to change them.
Have you ever come across anything that looks good for losing cables on a wall mounted TV. I was thinking of something slimline that goes behind the TV to plug everything in so I only have to lose one power lead from the floor to the wall bracket, the bracket conceals them from there.
I found quite a neat thing on a USA website but can't find an equivalent UK version.
A bit like this but needing to have 4x240v outlets. http://www.monstercable.com/productdisplay.asp?pin=5995

What do you need 4 outlets for? Surely all you have running to your TV are the AV cables and a single power lead?
AWB70
Aspiring Pro

What do you need 4 outlets for? Surely all you have running to your TV are the AV cables and a single power lead?

My TV is mounted on a brick wall with a wall mount and 3 glass shelves a bit like this.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Not actual but something similar. I have a Wii, PS3 and Sky HD on the shelves so there's four power cable as well as the Sky coax. The cables fit in two covered in slots on the stand so the only bit having cables showing will be from the floor to the bottom of the stand about 2 foot.
My theory is if I can get a slimline 4 way power splitter I can mount this behind the TV and that only leaves one power cable and the coax showing which I can live with.
There seems to be a lot on the USA market but can't find any UK equivalents. You can get a paint-able quadrant but they look a bit cheap and cheesy to me.  Another option may be to spur off a double 240v socket to underneath the stand and chase the cable from the original socket (about 2m away) but that's starting to get a bit too much like hard work, removing skirting and patching the wall back in.
I'm up for any alternative ideas though.  Smiley