cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whats the lag like in battlefield bad company xbox full version?

scootie
Grafter

Whats the lag like in battlefield bad company xbox full version?

Bein playing the demo for the past week.
Now and then the tanks will slide side ways but the most anoying thing is if im playing demoltion and say i come round a corner and some ones running at me with a assault rifle i will give them a shotgun to the face at nearly point blank yet alot of the times i end up dying from there assault rifle which some times takes nearly a full clip to kill some one with.
Is this sort of lag just a problem with the demo servers and the patches EA have done are they just for the full version and has what they done improved things?
Love the game but can make for some anoying moments when stuff like mentioned above happens.
15 REPLIES 15
scootie
Grafter

Re: Whats the lag like in battlefield bad company xbox full version?

Taken the risk and bought this game. Not been in any rooms that have the side ways lag so far and i can use the sniper rifle now that the bullet don't take a week to travel the length of the map.
don't know why ea would run such bad demo servers as it nearly stopped me from buying the game.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

EA has dedicated servers for BF:BC and it's dependent entirely on that.
I've had it, played and completed it. The online based gameplay is great when it works, but when the lag strikes, which is generally in about 50% of the rooms you get into it's stupidly bad.
Best thing to do is find a good room and stick to it. Although there are frequent times when the lag is server wide, so there are no good rooms.
My advice? Stick with COD 4 &  Mercenaries 2 on Co Op until GOW 2 🙂

My son's post btw
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
scootie
Grafter

havent had the bad luck of being in a laggy room yet in the full version. was like that on the demo servers thoe had to keep finding rooms till i hit a good one.
happy with the full version severs so far my kill/death ratio is much better now i can use the snipers with out lag.
only had my xbox a few months. got grid first as i had that on my pc and bought the steering wheel which is a must as with the joypad i just got understeer with the wheel u just have to keep the oversteer under control.
Then bought a copy of cod4 its a good game but i find each match is pretty much the same campers jus keep going to same spot so easy to kill em.
with bad company its a case of do u leave the wall standing or knock it down so people with a camping style of play find it hard to do that in this game.
think i will play bad company to death till race pro is relesed in novmber now.
Strat
Community Veteran

Sorry Asbo Dog if I don't reply but my Son is the hard core gamer and called in today, saw the thread and replied.
It's all completely over my head Wink
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
scootie
Grafter

no problem strat. cheers for letting me know.
Your son being a gamer. Is he not with plusnet then?
Strat
Community Veteran

He has 20 meg cable....(lucky b.......) so lag tends to be less of a problem for him unless of course it's server related >:(.
Morphies
Dabbler

Yes, I am a lucky (bas****) swine.
I can also access these forums dad, so don't go slating me too much!
ASBO have you experienced the massive lag yet? 🙂
Strat
Community Veteran

Sorry guys it appears the offspring has escaped from the secure wing Angry Grin
Welcome to the Forum Morphies Roll_eyes

So much for anonymity Smiley
Morphies
Dabbler

Quote from: Strat
Sorry guys it appears the offspring has escaped from the secure wing Angry Grin
Welcome to the Forum Morphies Roll_eyes

So much for anonymity Smiley

yeah, cheers father.
Heroes is on.....must dash!
ASBO my GT is morphies feel free to add me and i'll show you how to play COD 4 🙂
Strat
Community Veteran

....ahah a challenge from the young one Cheesy
scootie
Grafter

Nope no room wide lag yet and played it a fair bit past few days ea must of sorted the servers out now.
The only lag I see is the odd player who's isp is virgin media hehe dont see the point of having 20-50mb cable when the other end of the cable ends up at richard branson's house of peak time congestion.
Yeah I will add you but i dont go on cod4 that much dont seem to have that addiction to it like most others.
Morphies
Dabbler

A t the moment it's the best of the bunch for multiplayer.
it tends to get broken up by some Gears and Grid. But that will all change on the 21st when Midnight club comes out, which will keep us busy until the 7th of november, gears 2 and COD 6... expensive times!
scootie
Grafter

Grid is my most played game bought the microsoft steering wheel due to racing bmc fj 1000 on collisons off and the  lads on wheels could take alot of the corners flat out where on the joypad you just got understeer so had to give it a bit of brakes. best 70 quid ive spent in awhile.
next game im waiting for is race pro out mid novmeber think on the 14th.
Morphies
Dabbler

must say I've heard good things about the steering wheel.
Must warn anyone that reads this thread though... Don't go for a cheapo... get the official one, it's worth it!