cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is gaming like in ...

andydee0
Hooked

What is gaming like in ...

So, I am impatient - its been a illness plaguing me since about 5 years old..

I am in London - what is the gaming like (PS4).. As in speeds, will it take me ten years to download the Battlefield map packs? I know everyone will have different speeds, etc etc.. I got the ultimate fibre extra package.

Battlefield 1 is inbound.. and playing since BF3 - I want to make SURE I can download quite fast and have NO issues playing.

Input please people!

5 REPLIES 5
St3
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 5

Re: What is gaming like in ...

up until 2 months ago speeds and connection here were pretty good, but for the moment some plusnet customers are having speed/connection issues which is being worked on, but with little updates from plusnet. 

Also ive noticed alot more customers complaining about new accounts not being setup correctly and customers finding it very hard to contact plusnet support.

Customers are hoping things will get better again .... so i guess you just have to think of whats best for you Smiley

As for me i tried the battlefield 1 beta ( while on static ip ) and i had no issues, pings were fine and gameplay was fine.... im currently on a trial on the new network. As for downloading games fast it all depends on what speeds you are getting ofc Wink mine never seams to be slow Smiley

ghos7
Grafter

ive had loads of problems with the pos hub. i have 2 consoles and using upnp only both consoles will suffer from being disconnected from xbox live for no reason. best to use your own equipment m8 then you shouldnt have any problems.
andydee0
Hooked

Thanks for the replies lads, appreciate it.

Now to just wait for this to arrive!

St3
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 5

I prefer to use my own router this one > https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00DYT2MPK  I dont own an xbox but have family members who do and when they bring one over it never has any issues connecting.

ghos7
Grafter

hi m8 upnp on asus routers are pretty solid,i read somewhere it can support upto 4 xboxs with open nat. anyone who has 2 xboxs/playstations shouldnt use the plusnet hub.ive done abit of checking and the hub is a rebadged bt hub 5 and can only support 1 console at a time. im looking at netgear r7000 the reviews are good.