cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happens if I exeed my allowance?

Jadeygogetters
Dabbler

What happens if I exeed my allowance?

I've been busy DL'ing this week with Tabula Rasa beta ( 2-4gigs patches ) Shocked and 2Moons. Any way, I've exceeded my allowance for the first time since I've been a member of PN. Atm I'm getting trouble logging into games, Tabula Rasa being one. Will me exeeding my allowance restrict my gaming time?
Edit. Ive found a way around but its very strange Tongue
I notice when I try and log in my green arrows ( Connection info ) and em 2 PC monitors ( Connection info ) only one of em lights up as if something is restricting the download or something oO So I load up my Firefox at the same time logging into my game .. And it worked lol Tongue
Strange no?
5 REPLIES 5
MikeWhitehead
Grafter

Re: What happens if I exeed my allowance?

I believe you are simply charged for the extra usage, but I'm quite new to PlusNet so not entirely sure on all the package details.
Jadeygogetters
Dabbler

Im not on a Pay as you go Tongue Never had extra charges.
Jadeygogetters
Dabbler

2 I think oO lol not sure. Things have changed since I first joined like 3 years or so back.
I've been on the 'Tabula Rasa' beta forum and it's not only me with this problem of logging in. ( Other PN customers reporting the same problem on the Beta forum )
Any PN techs here that could look into it?
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 4

Hi,
Looks like Tabula Rasa isn't defined in the traffic management databases, presumably because it's a new game still in beta. I can't log in to site as I'm not a beta tester. If you can run a wireshark grab, details here:
http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/troubleshooting/wireshark.shtml
video help file here:
http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/troubleshooting/wireshark_video.shtml
and raise a ticket with the result file and let us know which ports it runs on we should be able to review it and get it added.
Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology
clockley
Grafter

Don't forget that you can also monitor your usage through the member centre on our website, just to see how much bandwidth you are using.

Carl