cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are you looking forward to this year?

Euge
Grafter

What are you looking forward to this year?

This is my personal list of games that are yet to come out but just by previews and looks alone (plus previous installments).
Godfather II
I loved the first one and I am a big fan of the films so to play this on the ps3 will be brilliant. Also a few new featuers added to this game since you are now a don from the start so a lot of features similar to the gangsters series of games just a lot more in depth since you'll be on the street as well.
Chronicles of Riddick
Mostly going by hype for this one but of the gameplay I've seen it does look really good and most of the critics seem to be expecting great things, who knows...
I am Alive
I played a similar game on the ps2 which was brilliant and open ended in that depending on choices during the game effected directly the ending sequence. This will be beautiful to look at and I garuantee it will fully immerse you in the world.
Operation Flashpoint 2
Probably the best tactical and realistic fps I've played and now the second edition cometh and not just on the PC. Hopefully they do this justice as the online mode will be immense.
How about yourselves? Theres loads more I like the look of plus I've no idea about pc and xbox games  :-\. Would appreciate your opinions.  Smiley
17 REPLIES 17
scootie
Grafter

Re: What are you looking forward to this year?

The talked about F1 racer from codemasters. Its said to be out this year but who knows Roll_eyes
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Operation Flashpoint 2
Call of Duty:Modern Warfare 2
Americas Army 3
Football Manager 2010
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

I was looking forward to having some time to play *anything*, sadly not happening Sad
Would like guitar hero metallica which i think is out soon..
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
mrmarkus1981
Grafter

Only 1 game for me - Modern Warfare 2
Maybe Gran Turismo if it ever comes out!!!!
craigyoung
Grafter

I'm with adie.  I am in fact looking forward to tomorow night. My wiffe is away on business overnight, so although I'll be looking after the kids,. Once they're in bed I'm looking forward to a couple of hours of COD4 and possibly also watching a horror film.  I've got [REC] sitting on the Sky planner which I'll never get round to watching if my beloved is in the house.
Oh, how our expectations change...
mrmarkus1981
Grafter

I'm lucky if i get a shot of the controller if my Mrs is at home.
She loves the old CoD4, although she sucks and brings my averages right down!!!
Euge
Grafter

Make an additional user for her  Wink Then no worries about kill/death ratios  Smiley
I did kind of forget about modern warfare 2 and it's obviously going to be good but they will need to make changes which is always going to be a risk. They need to improve the online experience and sort out the prestige mode in order to make it worth while. Having said that I've only racked up about 1day 1/2 in total online and never even finished the first time round.
I was playing resi 4 with my brother in law last night and it was absolutely brilliant fun. Rumour has it that the game was originally intended to have 4 player co-op and that there is a possibility that a download will come out to put it in.
We'd already completed it up to the same point before but his ps3 went caput. Fortunately he has insurance so he got a new one for free. However the biggest problem is that the format of the drive is linked to the ps3 not the ID so when he comes to transfer the saved games, the PC wont recognise anything and says his 320gb hdd is empty. Not true but like I said only the original ps3 will recognise the files. If he puts his old hdd into his new ps3 it will ask to format the drive therefore lost forever.
My advice is that you move your saved games over to a flash drive or onto space online somewhere every so often. He has lost 16 months of hard work with only trophies to prove it. It becomes irritating with things like dead space and resi since as you play through the game you upgrade your weapons, even more so in dead space.
They can take as long as they want with GT5 as long as it's brilliant when it comes out. We know it will be awhile before another edition is released so it's worth the wait and I hope it's 1080p to make the most of the beautiful graphics.
p.s. My girlfriend comes back from Australia in July/August time so I'm getting me gaming in now  Cry
oplesrope
Grafter

there are a lot of good games coming out...
Uncharted 2
Dragon Age (proper single player RPG by BioWare)
Diablo 3 (really hoping makes it out this year)
Infamous (looks v. good)
God of War 3 (may make it out in 2009 financial year apparently)
however, i'm not interested in GT5 unless it has crash damage - not sure if they've properly confirmed this yet... but can't see it being relevant otherwise? 
mrmarkus1981
Grafter

The  Mrs has her own login & Password.
But she only ever wants to play when she see's me play goddamnit!
I was playing resi 4 with my brother in law last night and it was absolutely brilliant fun. Rumour has it that the game was originally intended to have 4 player co-op and that there is a possibility that a download will come out to put it in.
I am playing that just now too, but not on co-op, i might do that when i have finished it.
Tyreal74
Grafter

Riddick is just the old XBOX version with new graphics and a little bit more so not too fussed tbh
but MW2 i have on preorder already
Flashpoint 2 looks good and theres GH Metallica too...
ITFCdan
Grafter

COD MW2
Euge
Grafter

Nothing else, just modern warfare 2? I hope it's not a disappointment for your sake  Undecided
Euge
Grafter

Quote from: Tyreal74
Riddick is just the old XBOX version with new graphics and a little bit more so not too fussed tbh

Not actually true. It's the special PC release which has had the graphics re-done, that part you touch on. But the actual game is dark athena which is as big as butcher bay plus multiplayer mode. Just the same as the half life release.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Butcher Bay was a stunning game, and came out of nowhere from a company that very few people had actually heard of. If the sequel is as good it'll be a stormer. My fingers are certainly crossed.