Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ways of getting better pings?

ITFCdan
Grafter

Re: Ways of getting better pings?

Woah!
Did you turn it off via the member centre yourself? also was the effect instant ? or is just a request and then an engineer does it ?
Euge
Grafter

I raised a question with plusnet staff on wednesday at 4:30 and it was turned off by BT sometime very early Thursday morning. Put it this way, when I logged on 9:00 that morning it was done. Had to reset my router and I was connected at that rate. But supposedly it can take anything upto 3 days, though I suspect it happens the next morning in most cases.
I'm guessing you live in or around Ipswich?
ITFCdan
Grafter

Hi Euge
I'm on the pro package and there's an option to turn off in the member centre ! JUST DONE IT.
ps i live in thetford nr Norwich.
Euge
Grafter

Just wondering, I live in Bury st Edmunds so just drove through Thetford from Norwich today.
I asked mostly because I was wondering if they had cable in Ipswich. I know they do in Norwich and it's so much better and cheaper.
Let us know what connections you get after, if you can  Wink
p.s. you live in Norfolk you should support Norwich
p.p.s. I know they're rubbish, so are Ipswich
ITFCdan
Grafter

Norwich !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! huk puwah Tongue
Nah mate i'm a suffolk boy , blue to the bone , brought up in Ixworth nr BURY ST EDS ( lived in BSE for 3 -4 years) i'm on loan to norfolk!
James
Grafter

I believe it raises an XML order to remove it.
Which basically has the same affect as asking me to do it.  Only I don't have to do anything Smiley
Ray77
Dabbler

I turned interleaving off via the member centre on sunday and I get message it will turn off up to 5 days,but it could be 24hrs.
How can I know it is off?
Will I get any message? My ping is still same so i think it is not off yet.
James
Grafter

We want you to guess!
But seriously, give me a few minutes and I'll check to see if an order has been placed.
James
Grafter

Ray - Your order should complete tomorrow, probably in the early hours of the morning.
Ray77
Dabbler

O.K and thank you very much.  Wink
coco

Hey folks, I'm just waiting for my connection to be hooked up and browsing round the forums here. i can't believe the ping's I've been having lately. Currently getting an unplayable ping of around 130ms and my d/l speed has been dropping steadily from around 3500kbps to 900 ish, hence the move. So spare a thought for me when you think you've got it bad. Hopefully it'll all be sorted out come the weekend.
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Quote from: ITFCdan
i'm on pro package and have the option to turn interleaving off myself (member centre) I'm just paranoid i'll be the one in a million who starts to get errors! Undecided

I'm on PRO but I'm not aware of any way to switch interleaving on or off in menber centre, can you tell me where to look please?
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Ray77
Dabbler

Hi Jameseh,
Can u check if my interleaving is off, pls?
My ping is still same so maybe not yet. (i hope so)  Crazy
Thx.
Euge
Grafter

@ walker
Some people have the option in their member centre some do not. I was like you and didn't have the option so I had to raise a question with the plusnet team
James
Grafter

@Ray77
It looks like the order was placed incorrectly, so I've just placed it manually for you and interleaving should be turned off first thing tomorrow morning.
Sorry about that.