cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watchdog investigates xbox 360

Euge
Grafter

Watchdog investigates xbox 360

Microsoft arn't getting enough money charging £55 for subscription to their gold online service they are resorting to destroying peoples games and trying to make them buy them again  Crazy
http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/watchdog/2009/03/xbox_360.html
Awaits the xbox defense squad Alpha...  Tongue
9 REPLIES 9
scootie
Grafter

Re: Watchdog investigates xbox 360

not read it yet but i dont pay £55 a year for my subs
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Yeah, just watched that on TV. I bought an xbox last week and I'll go mad if it does this to any of my discs! Wink

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

scootie
Grafter

just read it.
only disc one of my xboxs have scatched is when one of my box's RROD to a degree before crimbo and got mad and shaked the hell out of it forget i had battlefield bad company in and scatched it. just took down game station and had it repaired.
as for small vibrations close to an xbox causing disc scatching well ive got 2 dogs in this house and ones an insane labrador that runs up the walls and all them vibes are fine with my box's
Awaits the xbox defense squad Alpha...   

alpha squad have had there meeting and come to a decision to put euge in front of a firing squad while holding his ps3 Crazy ;D.
awaits reply along the lines of a tank couldnt damage a ps3 disc. well we have video evidnce that a micorowave is the best place to put a ps3.
the recipe for toad in the ps3 can be found at Heston Blumenthal.com
Euge
Grafter

Meh, don't shoot the messenger.
I didn't know how much they charged for xbox, i looked it up on google and found this
http://uk.yhs.search.yahoo.com/avg/search?fr=yhs-avg&p=xbox%20360%20subscription
But I realise now that you get a camera with it, still I think it costs around £40 for gold membership. Don't know what the other options are  Undecided I plead ignorance.
Anyway just make sure that you are not playing your xbox when someone in the house is walking around, I think is the answer.
Heh but seriously don't jump about when playing guitar hero or any other movement inducing software is the crux. [whisper]or buy a ps3[/whisper] I have world tour and it's brilliant, no problems.
scootie
Grafter

£35 i payed for my gold sub. iam goigng to regret saying this tomoro but yes i know the xbox has its downfalls but theres somthing there that makes it the best online multiplayer console(dont even dare butt in PC guys :P) i will let you know when i have put my finger on what it is.
any way i think the xbox is simlar to a ferrari . There the  bee's knees but like to break down every 100 miles.
better than driving a skoda that never breaks down thoe Crazy
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Quote from: ASBO
i will let you know when i have put my finger on what it is.

That'll be the vast quantities of money that Microsoft are paying you Wink Tongue
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
fusian
Grafter

I seem to remember the original xbox doing something similar to the discs and watchdog investigating back then.  Undecided
Lurker
Grafter

I read the report towards the end of a 15hr day yesterday, and here I am back at work, so memory could be a little skew-whiff, but didn't the report state that it was only older consoles causing problems, and that in the test the new console passed with flying colours, whilst the older console did cause a scratch.
Perhaps MS already know of the problem, and have fixed it - it sounds as if its a relatively simple problem with the object lens of the reader getting too closer - a redesign to restrict its vertical movement would solve the issue I reckon (which sounds as if its been done already)
Euge
Grafter

Yes james you're correct in your thinking. Although no idea at which time old became new model. Since they have had a about 6 or 7 rebuilds.