cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warhammer Online

Gunge

Warhammer Online

Hi all,
Seems there are a lot of plus.net customers having issues now with Warhammer Online. The game is currently in the headstart phase. Players had been playing fine in the beta / open beta untill it seems yesterday. The game officaly launches on Thursday. I'm guessing its the same issue that happened with Age of Conana. That the game isn't defined. It only seems to be an issue during peak times. During off-peak times players can connect. I've logged a call with support but thought it worth while posting here also. Maybe some one from plus.net might read this and hurry the fix along and also maybe other plus.net customers may check here and read this post.
Cheers,
James aka Gunge
111 REPLIES 111
Ephemeral
Dabbler

Re: Warhammer Online

I'm also having problems with WAR. I get bad lag during peak hours, but having a quick play at 6:26am and it's a totally different experience. During play during the last two nights I would be hit from mobs that appear to be very far away, only to suddenly appear next to me.
Also playing PvP, I'd be miles away from the enemy, then all of a sudden I'd be almost dead and someone would be standing next to me beating the life out of me.
Not fun at the moment.
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Either of you guys able to generate us a wireshark capture?
http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/troubleshooting/wireshark_video.shtml
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
Ephemeral
Dabbler

At work at the moment. Will try to get a capture this evening.
Thanks.
Vtec9k

I'm also having the same problems when trying to play WAR. Very bad lag during peak times and sometimes I am unable to login or connect at all, using a proxy will usually fix the problems.
It seems to use the following ports.
TCP port 8040-8049
TCP port 10622
I've got server IP addresses noted down at home, will also provide a packet capture tonight.
Thanks.
Kelly
Hero

Sounds like we aren't identifying it right.  If you can get us that wireshark,  Tommo will jump on it.
Any pro users out there?  How is your experience?  It should be fine on the pro package.
Kelly Dorset
philjf1

Hi there,
also having very bad lag, how i found you guys on this thread ( http://www.warhammeralliance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74068&page=38 ) was pure luck!
I am a pro user and im experiencing some very bad lag at peak and normal hours.
Im not sure if the other plusnet users experience the same issue when logging in as i do, but it can take me sometimes 20 mins from entering my username and password to actually being able to press the play button!
Im also at work at the moment so ill try and do a wireshark aswell tonight, just happy to know im not the only guy having an issue.
Having said the above this is the only issue i have had in 3 years of great service from plusnet
zubel
Community Veteran

Quote from: philjf1
I am a pro user and im experiencing some very bad lag at peak and normal hours.

As a Pro user, all your traffic should be prioritised in Gold or Titanium, regardless of the Ellacoya identification.  Your wireshark capture will probably be the most important.
If you're seeing slowdowns during peak hours, my gut feeling is going to be a problem outside of the immediate Plusnet network.
Can anyone run a tracert to the Warhammer servers and post it here?
B.
Kelly
Hero

Shocked  Yeah, get us that wireshark!
Kelly Dorset
Ephemeral
Dabbler

Here's the trace.
http://exterpate.com/files/WAR%20wireshark%20trace.pcap
Only 10 seconds worth. not sure if that's enough.
Following the vid in the link provided it seems like the traffic is Game and VOIP Flagged.
*shrugs*  I'm just gonna go play now.    Cheesy

Thanks.
Gunge

Just got home from work d/l wireshark now so you should have a trace in 5-10 mins
zubel
Community Veteran

First trace shows DiffServ field to be 0x40 which means the traffic is being identified incorrectly.
B.
Gunge

ok whats happened...  Cheesy
Here is my trace http://www.flamingzombies.com/gunge-wireshark-warhammer.pcap
However when i first got home the Warhammer client and patcher had an update i ran these updates and then came to this thread and d/l wireshark. When I ran the trace the patcher connected almost instantly and then logged me in. I then got access to my server very quickly. I'm now waiting in a queue to play...
So either plus.net have fixed the (an) issue or/and Warhammer have fixed the (an) issue. Either way seems to be working well. Will see how my game play is and report back.
Thanks for the help!
Just while I'm waiting I would just like to say that I'm responsible at my company for deciding/recommending what ISP to use for our home users I think we have about 19 plus.net accounts and I've never had a problem with any of them and always had great service from plus.net! I work in IT support so I know you normally only hear whats going wrong and not whats going right so just wanted to say plus.net is top notch!
Ephemeral
Dabbler

Yep. since my last post I've been playing and there's no problem.
Grin Cool
Vtec9k

Some packet captures here: http://rapidshare.com/files/146118928/warcapture.rar.html
18:30 logged in ok and started playing.
18:45 started packet capture - WAR_Capture_Laggy
19:50 started another capture - WAR_Capture_VeryLaggy
20:00 exited WAR and tried to login again but it failed and timed out on login - WAR_Capture_FailedLogin
Hope this helps.