Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warhammer Online

petejackson
Grafter

Re: Warhammer Online

Quote from: lassitude
I'm suffering from exactly the same symptoms as well. From about 7pm onwards until after 11pm it is impossible for me to log on to Warhammer Online.

I've got some (hopefully) good news on this.  The Warhammer packet signature has now been profiled and will be properly prioritised on our network from just after 7.30am tomorrow morning (if the required network change goes ok).  Whilst it is likely that the lack of prioritisation for this traffic has been made worse by external internetwork issues and remote server load, nevertheless until we get the Ellacoyas to recognise the game, it'll never be as responsive as it should be.  We recognise the need to get better at identifying the 'signature' of new games and getting them properly prioritised soon after, or at launch.  And this is an area we plan to look carefully at.  Let's hope you find the performance much better from tomorrow.  Just out of interest, any of you on our 'Pro' product shouldn't've noticed this latency since the traffic would have already been prioritised.
zubel
Community Veteran

I'm more than happy to, uh, help 'profile' new games.  Just send copies of the games over to my home address ;);)
B.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I've just approved the change control for this game, it's due to go live tomorrow morning so would be interesting to see if there is an improvement after then.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
wizbongre
Grafter

Quote from: Peter
Quote from: lassitude
I'm suffering from exactly the same symptoms as well. From about 7pm onwards until after 11pm it is impossible for me to log on to Warhammer Online.

I've got some (hopefully) good news on this.  The Warhammer packet signature has now been profiled and will be properly prioritised on our network from just after 7.30am tomorrow morning (if the required network change goes ok).  Whilst it is likely that the lack of prioritisation for this traffic has been made worse by external internetwork issues and remote server load, nevertheless until we get the Ellacoyas to recognise the game, it'll never be as responsive as it should be.  We recognise the need to get better at identifying the 'signature' of new games and getting them properly prioritised soon after, or at launch.  And this is an area we plan to look carefully at.  Let's hope you find the performance much better from tomorrow.  Just out of interest, any of you on our 'Pro' product shouldn't've noticed this latency since the traffic would have already been prioritised.

To be honest, for me the problem isn't in-game latency - it's the fact that I simply cannot connect at all.  I'm a bit disapointed at how long it's taken for something to be done about this but then I still don't know if the problem is purely with Plusnet or whether it is down to the game servers being rubbish...
James
Grafter

Hi wizbongre,
It's mainly because we need a capture, then we have to prepare the change, review the change, raise a change control for the change, then implement the change.
Basically all to make sure that we do things right and make sure that it doesn't impact anything else.
I'm sorry it's taken a few days, but fingers crossed things will be better after tomorrow.
srfice

I'm getting exactly the same problem on the Small Business Package too...
wizbongre
Grafter

Quote from: Jameseh
Hi wizbongre,
It's mainly because we need a capture, then we have to prepare the change, review the change, raise a change control for the change, then implement the change.
Basically all to make sure that we do things right and make sure that it doesn't impact anything else.
I'm sorry it's taken a few days, but fingers crossed things will be better after tomorrow.

Hi,
Thanks for that.  I understand about change control - I'm currently doing some work for a global pharmaceutical company and I can't begin to describe the pain I'm going through to get simple changes to their systems approved...  I imagine a change to your profiling for games would be a walk in the park compared to it! Smiley
Anyway, I guess what I'm still wondering is if the change to the traffic profiling will solve the problem with not being able to connect at all or whether that will just help to resolve the latency problems some people have been experiencing actually in-game?  If connections are still completely dead I guess it's more a problem with the game servers themselves.
Thanks,
Gareth.
jberry
Grafter

Anyway, I guess what I'm still wondering is if the change to the traffic profiling will solve the problem with not being able to connect at all or whether that will just help to resolve the latency problems some people have been experiencing actually in-game?  If connections are still completely dead I guess it's more a problem with the game servers themselves.

Hi Gareth,
I was having a similar problem to you initially and I tested this by swapping my profile between what it was and BBYW Pro (gotta be some advantages to working in Networks!). When the traffic is classified correctly it does work significantly better.
If you still have a problem after the changes with being able to connect then I did the following:

• Register a new account (you have to use a different email address and username)

• Register your game key against the new account

• Give it 10 minutes

A PITA I know, but I was on my third account by the time I got one that was working  Undecided
petejackson
Grafter

I've just had confirmation that our Networks has put live the new profile for Warhammer (the change went live around 7:45 this morning).  Hopefully that should improve things for you as far as teh game's traffic on our network is concerned.  Let us know how things are now. And let's hope that if there are connection issues at the remote server end that they get these ironed out soon.
Firejack
Grafter

Just had a quick 45 minute session and grabbed the traffic with Wireshark. Everything seems to be going through as Titanium now. Play was best its ever been in terms of smoothness. Looks like applying the profile this morning has worked.
The game still doesn't feel as 100% responsive as I'd like. I'm certain its not my computer as I'm getting 40-60FPS while playing. Looks like its a case the servers or their network isn't up to the task as yet as we suspected. Hopefully GOA can improve things.
Lannara

I'm trying to log in right now... I can't, it's the same as before - Critical Error Authentication failed, timed out blah blah...  Angry
zebediah

phew .  cant tell you how pleased i am to have found this thread.  Logging on has been doing my head in over the last few days.  i am so pleased you guys are trying to sort it out. i'll try it when i get back from work to see if its sorted.
i am often getting ingame lag as well as the common authentication/log in error, is this a similar issue?  i don't get lag in any other games and my connection speed is ok  (2mb).  my pc is new, with up to date gaming hardware.
srfice

This is ridiculous, I've been playing the game all day (with a friend on Virgin Cable) and no problems. The moment 5pm comes around I start getting the same old problem and guess what??? He's fine.
C'mon plusnet this is why I pay over the odds for a decent connection...
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Ok.  The patch should have sorted this.  Are any of you guys savvy enough to grab us another Wireshark?  Details are earlier in the thread.

Embarrassed
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
srfice

Yeah I'll do it, gimme a min or 2.