cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warhammer Online

Lannara

Re: Warhammer Online

I'm still having issues here. Managed to have around 3 hours of play time since 5pm today, if I log out to change character or server then *poof* it's gone..... sigh, very frustrating!  Cry
jberry
Grafter

The problems are not all down to the traffic management btw.
I am completely unable to get the patcher thing to download anything or start the game, even if I am connected on my VPN to work (which puts all the traffic into gold or titanium - can't remember which).
Back to WOW it is until they sort themselves out  Cry
techguy
Grafter

A mate of mine at work keeps saying how he cant wait for it to come out and has been playing the beta.
Probably him and his other mates slowing down the servers  Smiley
Kev
Grafter

I purchased this on Thursday. Great game, Witch Elf here Smiley
Have slow speeds most of the time but I assumed it was down to my poor wireless dongle. I never thought it would be Plusnet Smiley
I have never had log-on issues, downloaded the 822MB patch in about 90 minutes with no problems. It is just in game I have the slow downs.
Will see if tests are still required and supply them if needed.
Lannara

Still having these issues. Played a fair bit today but by 8pm, lag forced me to relog and that was the end of my game playing! No matter how many times I tried to log back into my server, I was continually timing out or not even getting passed the patch screen.... very frustrating, wish I knew what was wrong / how to fix it!    Angry
Firejack
Grafter

We just need to wait for Plusnet to update their Traffic Management rules. Sometimes it takes a few days, sometimes a few weeks. Its the one downfall of the Traffic Management system when it comes to gaming as we always have this reoccurring problem of high latency when new games are released.
Dave T is the man at fixing these problems. I'm sure it sort it out soon. Then we just need to wait for the next maintenance window for Plusnet to update the rules.
James
Grafter

I'll give Dave a poke about Warhammer Online this morning to see when the changes are due to go live.
scootie
Grafter

havernt played this game.
But was following this post see what was causing the issue as from early on some one posted saying they was on the pro pacakge and still had the issues with the game.
So how can it be the traffic managment at fault if a pro customer is still getting the issue?
James
Grafter

Basically, it shouldn't be a problem if a customer is on Pro and still experiencing the same problems.
I suppose there would be a possibility of issues at their end (the servers themselves).  Either way, I'll need to hear back from Dave first.
Lannara

Ok, thanks for explaining Smiley
Give Dave T a big pat and tell him there's a chocolate biscuit in it for him from me!  Grin

Thank you!  Smiley
jberry
Grafter

Just to expand on my last post here, I have finally got the game working and there are definitely some problems with traffic identification, but on the flip side I think that there are some other problems stemming from the game itself.
The reason I know that there is definitely some traffic ID issues and some others

• If I log on normally (this is a staff account so nothing special management wise) the lag is so bad I can't play

• If I log on over VPN (putting all my traffic in gold) it works but you get weird issues and some lag which makes RvR/PQ (for example) unplayable

• If I play a correctly identified game like WOW at the same time I get no issues at all

So, Dave should fix the majority of our problems then we just need to wait on the game developments to iron out the rest.
zubel
Community Veteran

I think the telling sign was that the Pro user identified above was also suffering from intermittency and latency  This would pretty much rule out traffic management as causing *all* problems.
Josh - Any chance you can try it on the "God" profile and see if there is still latency? Smiley
B.
philjf1

Hi Again,
sorry i have taken a while to post this wireshark but i think this might be an important one.
I am a pro user but i currently have used my limit on downloads this month so "Light restrictions" is currently being applied to my connection speeds ( mainly due to me having to download warhammer twice  Angry ), im not sure if this will make a difference, i assume not :shrug:
so this is the log of when im trying to simply log on to the game ( not actually in game ) this is the wireshark of my connection when trying to log in, i left it for approximately 2 mins, there was definatly activity and black rows of data appearing in wireshark which would suggest something was happening on the connection. But it wont / hasnt logged me in for a good 45 mins now. i started trying at 7.15 its now 8pm.
I have spoken to several members of a gaming community i play in, they log in within 5 seconds and are currently playing, im not sure if that helps?
The wireshark can be downloaded here : www.razorcreations.com/wireshark_warhammer_patcher.zip
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated,
philjf1

Sorry for the double post, there seemed to be a lot of activity to the ip address of 80.12.99.24 which i believe is the main ip of the patcher,
Heres a traceroute to this ip address during times when im struggling to log on:
Tracing route to 80.12.99.24 over a maximum of 30 hops
  1    <1 ms    <1 ms    <1 ms  SpeedTouch.lan [10.0.0.138]
  2    19 ms    28 ms    19 ms  lo0-plusnet.pte-ag2.plus.net [195.166.128.72]
  3    26 ms    17 ms    17 ms  ge0-0-0-504.pte-gw2.plus.net [84.92.4.90]
  4    19 ms    26 ms    22 ms  80.239.193.141
  5    21 ms    18 ms    28 ms  ldn-bb2-link.telia.net [80.91.248.94]
  6    20 ms    34 ms    22 ms  ldn-b4-link.telia.net [80.91.251.13]
  7    37 ms    34 ms    17 ms  francetelecom-117298-ldn-b4.c.telia.net [213.248.104.18]
  8    23 ms    30 ms    39 ms  ge-1-1-0-0.loncr5.London.opentransit.net [193.251.242.217]
  9    35 ms    24 ms    27 ms  so-1-0-0-0.nrlil202.Lille.francetelecom.net [193.252.100.249]
10     *       22 ms    21 ms  ge-2-2-0-0.nrlil201.VilleneuveDascq.francetelecom.net [193.252.100.217]
11    21 ms    33 ms    25 ms  te1-2.nplil301.VilleneuveDascq.francetelecom.net [193.252.100.242]
12  193.253.67.6  reports: Destination net unreachable.
Trace complete.
obviously the last hop looks a bit worrying!

EDIT : 20:36 managed to finally log in, just done a traceroute to same ip and its identical with last hop failing? Not sure if that helps
James
Grafter

That traceroute looks absolutely fine across both our network and the companies that we peer with.
It looks like it only starts to have bother once it's amongst the France Telecom servers.
Sorry, I don't know the game well, are you able to use UK servers with the same problems?