cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WSAENotConn Error

uncleadolph
Dabbler

WSAENotConn Error

I am a bit of a flight sim fanatic using the venerable Microsoft FSX.
One of the add ons which I occasionally use for this is a program called FSXFollow; I have this set up on my IPad. Basically by downloading a client program to my PC FSXFollow allows me to use the IPad as a moving map so I can see exactly where I am. The program has worked perfectly well for a couple of years though I haven't used it for a few weeks mainly because I have been concentrating on short flights where it isn't really necessary.
Tonight however on switching it on FSXFollow has come up with the error as per the heading and, of course, refuses to work. From what I have been able to gather doing a search of the web this is a socket connection error, though I'm not really sure what that is. I do know that FSXFollow is one of the programs allowed through my firewall so I'm not sure why it should suddenly show this error. The solutions on the web all seem to centre round using a registry tool though some of the reviews and comments for these suggest they can cause more harm than good. So I don't really want to go down that route.
Does anyone have any suggestions?
2 REPLIES 2
uncleadolph
Dabbler

Re: WSAENotConn Error

Strange.
Although I did a couple of restarts yesterday without success I have tried it again just now and all is well.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: WSAENotConn Error

Glad everything is sorted out for you.
Please let us know if we can be of any further help.