cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voice delay in MP games

SEP
Dabbler

Voice delay in MP games

I'm kinda new to chatting in MP games, is it normal that I seem to get a massive delay in chat, it seems an age before anyone replies to me. Any pc settings I need to check to speed it up before I start annoying too many people?

4 REPLIES 4
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Re: Voice delay in MP games

Are you using a third party software ?  like TS or you using one build into game ?

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
SEP
Dabbler

In game. The xbox party chat has the same delay. Havent used TS but discord is fine.
I had my mic headset connected to a 3.5mm splitter into the pc but that had a pause every few words so I had to scrap that and have the headset connected via a controller. So how theres a few seconds delay. Is that what mic headsets do?
I hear others that seem to chatter and laugh quickly against each other.i guess im not use to it speaking normally and hearing chat in headphones. I dont know
legume
Rising Star

There shouldn't be a few seconds delay, but there some.

IME there's about 1/4 - 1/2 (hard to judge exactly) second to hear someone in the same room via xbox live (which in this test is just going over lan, not "out"), so codec alone is doing that. So double that and then add latency to others shouldn't really be a few seconds - but still far more laggy than a phone.

St3
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 5

This happened to me last week but i thought nothing of it, its been happening alot this evening in "Player unknowns battlegrounds" online game via my PC.

Im not using any software and im not using xbox ......... i speak in game and i hear myself over voip 5 seconds later, could this be game related or is it somthing to do with plusnet ?