cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ventrilo?

suesykes
Grafter

Ventrilo?

Does anyone know how to set up a Vent Server.... Got the software, not sure how to set it up.
Wanna use it for a private channel for gaming.
6 REPLIES 6
Merrick
Grafter

Re: Ventrilo?

emm only know the client, not the server side.
try asking in the Gaming section of this forum, its down the page a bit
thats unless a board mod dont move your post there first:)
pdavidson
Grafter

I have a Ventrillo server hosted with Typefrag https://www.typefrag.com
I've had it for about 3-4 years now and they've been great. It's also very cheap (especially with the £:$ being where it is at the moment)
Definitely worth a look and you can always PM me if you decide to use it and need some help Smiley
suesykes
Grafter

What I want is to make my pc a server just when I use the game....
Cant afford to pay for it.  lol
pdavidson
Grafter

There seems to be some fairly good setup instructions on the Ventrilo website - all looks a bit complicated to me  Huh
I'm thinking you might need a static IP and to open the right port on your router to allow people to connect. I'm not sure what pings would be like on a home-based server either.
If I were you I'd just make people donate me money every month and use that to pay for the server on Typefrag. If you don't need many users (e.g. 10 or less) it's $5.99 per month which is about £3 at the moment I think.
I pay £10 a month for my 50-user server and every so often put out a message that it's donation time again Grin
Firejack
Grafter

Or I could setup a free Teamspeak channel for you on the server I'm running for Plus.net. Depends if you definitely only want to use Ventrillo though.
iainmacmillan
Grafter

As far as I know, you need some sort of registration to run a Vent Server.  But you can run a Clan Teamspeak Server for free.
Best idea is to go onto the TS website, there are plenty of guides there on how to set it up and open the right ports on your firewall/router.
http://www.teamspeak.com/