cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usage

Jowsh
Dabbler

Usage

I'm on PlusNet pro since yesterday, and I had a look at my usage and it was 500mb. All I did that day was game for a few hours, no downloads, nothing. Why is it so high? Is it meant to be high like that?
And what happens if I fill up the pre-paid 15gb?

11 REPLIES 11
scootie
Grafter

Re: Usage

pc or console?
normaly we say between 30-50mb an hour for gaming but can vary alot
make sure your wireless is secure and install a bandwidth monitor program on your pc's in your house to insure there not eating away at your usage limit with out you knowing i use http://www.netlimiter.com/
am not certain if on the new packages they still limit your conection to 128kbps when you hit the limit  unless you buy more usage  or they now cut you off all togther and just point you to the page to top at £2 per 2gb. either way its £1 per gb and has to be bought in 2gb blocks now
Jowsh
Dabbler

Console.
I took a screen:
If that pre paid allowance fills up, do I get billed? I'm on unlimited, so I get get unlimited downloads, subject to the fair use policy though.
Undecided
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Hi Jowsh,
Your account type is Plusnet Pro, not Unlimited.
If you reach your 15GB allowance, you can keep using the connection at normal speed and pay £2 per 2GB as per the info on this page http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/products/value_pro/value_faq.shtml#value9
Alternatively you can set a data transfer watch amount via the website which will allow you to choose how much extra usage you want adding on, if any.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Euge
Grafter

Pro and inlimited are two different packages. On unlimited you can download as much as you want whenever you want but your speed is restricted to a maximum of 2Mb during the day but you will receive line speed between midnight and midday.
Download Speeds
On pro you have your 15GB limit upped by 2GB every time you go beyond your limit 15, 17, 19 etc with a £2 charge added onto your next bill. You are on pro as I can see your limit is 15GB but you at least get to enjoy line speed all day everyday  Cool
EDIT: Pipped at the post by Chris.
scootie
Grafter

cant you  set a limit on data transfer watch on the products?
what does your break down of traffic type look like on the internet acctivtes link on your capture?.
also you dont need to use photo bucket to upload on the forum just click the additional options tab
Euge
Grafter

Quote from: ASBO
cant you  set a limit on data transfer watch on the products?

Quote from: Chris
Alternatively you can set a data transfer watch amount via the website which will allow you to choose how much extra usage you want adding on, if any.

Wink
scootie
Grafter

sundays for you  Grin
Jowsh
Dabbler

Activities
Euge
Grafter

Just bare in mind that the usage includes upstream and downstream. If you hosted any games online then the usage may be higher than normal, I've no idea about that kind of thing but as asbo says gaming only uses about 30-50MB per hour. 10 hours of gaming could give you 500MB
Jowsh
Dabbler

Thats probably why,  CoD4 and GoW keep picking me as host. Anyway thanks for the help!
scootie
Grafter

yeah being picked as host happens alot when your on a plusnet connection  Smiley