Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unreadable game Xbox

the_groundsman
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Unreadable game Xbox

Please help.
My son uses the xbox not me - I have never been on it so my attempts at solving issues are pathetic.
He is up to 28  1st  prestige on CoD World at War (He reckons this is impressive).
He played it earlier today and  has since gone back to it (did not remove the disc) and it says its unreadable. I have polished the disc carefully but it looks unscratched and in mint condition. I read the online help and it looks like the last save might be the problem. He doesnt want to delete as this will mean his hard earned level will be lost.
Any ideas
It seems to get to the loading screen but immediately then shows the error.
Please help
6 REPLIES 6
_CN_
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Unreadable game Xbox

not an xbox user but will they boot if you take the HDD off?
_CN_
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

my son tried his without the HDD, the game will start up without one, one way to test the game disc out I suppose ...
the_groundsman
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Thanks
I went round a friends and the disk started fine in their console.
Tried it again about 30 mins ago and it started fine. - must be magic

scootie
Grafter

iam pretty sure that online multiplayer stats are saved server side and not hard drive. so he shouldnt worry about losing that prestige.
L65 2nd prestige and i anit doing any more for a diffrent badge and an extra custom setup slot after the 4th time round
Tyreal74
Grafter

I ahvent even made it to 65 yet, mind you my playtimes been cut down due to illness and work
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

This was posted about over on the callofduty.com official site too, so it wasn't just you having the problem.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.