Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unplayable on everything!

Gimlisk
Grafter

Unplayable on everything!

Hello!
Weather this post should be here, I'm not sure.
I am slowly loosing my temper on everything with the internet... I am unable to play any games online.. I play games pretty much everyday and I've been told tons of times that my connection is fine and been shown our line speed, etc. But for the past few months, the connection here has been terrible, I am unable to do Raids in any games, unable to enjoy playing Diablo 3 or any games that requires me to do little effort in games and unable to do anything...
I have system(s) on my computer that I have used for years and never had it interrupt my gaming with friends/family.. I have checked the connection latency/ping myself and all I get back showing that my connection is fine and I get 1 ups and downs for like a second.. In game, it's  a total different story, I get latency/ping going from 20-30 shooting straight up to 1200+ and sometimes (most the time!) will stay like it for 5min up to half an hour and then the connection will either drop or go back to normal for few min/seconds before shooting up again.
Even for an example; When playing Diablo 3 with my Dad or friend(s), I lag big time and unable to do anything a part from watching my character die, slowly.. And on Skype witch is the program I have used for years for playing games with my friends/family and get told I sound laggy and robot-ish talk. And they sound the same to me.. Or even when lag starts they tell me I'm going robot-ish voice..
I have talked to PlusNet customer service (or my parents have) and we barely get anywhere with it or just same answers we always get.. I even get told sometimes that it could be our exchange were I live and needs upgrading.. But weather that happens or not, I dunno. But were I live, the connection has never been this bad from playing online games and I am starting to get really frustrated.. Even my neighbor is getting the same problem and is getting very annoyed and frustrated. (He's with BT)
Can someone from PlusNet, save my soul, "fix" my stupid, horrible, connection!
Regards
Gimlisk
14 REPLIES 14
AndyH
Grafter

Re: Unplayable on everything!

Hi
Is this a FTTC or ADSL connection? If ADSL, can you post your router stats for your connection?
Are you connected wired/wirelessly?
Gimlisk
Grafter

Uptime: 12 days, 12:36:27
DSL Type: ITU-T G.992.1
Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 448 / 8,128
Data Transferred (Sent/Received) [GB/GB]: 8.43 / 94.24
ADSL, far as we know. But I wasn't sure what I was looking for but I found this, DSL Connection. Hope this is it.
I'm connected as wired.
AndyH
Grafter

Which exchange are you on (you can find out here if you put in your number http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/)?
Could you post the rest of your stats?
It could be that your exchange is having capacity issues. Your upload speed might also be a bit of an issue, particularly if you are gaming and someone on your network is doing something else like streaming.
Gimlisk
Grafter

Exchange DITCHEAT
ADSL Max Up to 7.5 -- 6.5 to 8 Available
Fixed Rate 2 -- --

I don't know what stats you are looking for. This is my exchange stats.
Were on the router, were should I find the stats your looking for?
AndyH
Grafter

Gimlisk
Grafter

Link Status: IPv4 connected
IPv6 disconnected
Type: PPPoA
Uptime: 12 days, 14:57:25
IPv4 Address: 87.115.165.239
Data Transferred (Sent/Received) [GB/GB]: 7.64 / 82.88
Hope that all you need now.
Really want this connection to be stable....
AndyH
Grafter

Not quite - it's the Line Attenuation/Snr Margin we're after, but I doubt those are issues. I imagine it's a backhaul capacity problem, particularly if your neighbour is also affected.
Can you raise a ticket https://portal.plus.net/apps/kbdfaults to get the ball rolling?
Gimlisk
Grafter

I can try, but the problem is that it's got nothing to do with our broadband... And going through this won't solve my problem what so ever... You've pointed out that it's my/our exchange and needs upgrade or something done to it.. And this (or link) is about broadband..
AndyH
Grafter

Yes, but you need a fault logged for the faults team to speak to BT Wholesale to check the capacity for your area.
Gimlisk
Grafter

Ok, I have done one. Should I be getting/inspecting a phone call from them?
If so, then thank you for now.
AndyH
Grafter

I am hoping one of the CRT members updates you (either on this thread or your ticket) on the capacity in your area and also checks your line just in case.
Gimlisk
Grafter

Hello..
It's only been 4 days, and haven't heard from anyone nor seen a reply to this post. I am STILL getting these stupid lags and it's really putting me off my games.. specially PC games.. I have made 2 screenshots of these stupid latency/ping and you can see the time, top right corner...
As I have just read on someone else post, that they can only be able to play after 12AM without lag. Witch is funny enough, goes same thing as me.. I went through playing Diablo 3 without lag after 12AM for 2/3 hours...

Seriously can't put up with these lags much longer... Neither can my brother... Fix it...!
AndyH
Grafter

Unfortunately, you'll need to wait for the status update on whether it's your exchange capacity that is the issue. From what you've said, it certainly looks like a likely possibility.
If it is the source of your problem, then it might not be so simple to upgrade the capacity. The issue is that you're on an ageing network (20CN) which can be harder for Openreach to upgrade.
I would recommend that you and as many people as possible in your area fill in this form http://www.superfast-openreach.co.uk/expression-gen.aspx Openreach do review demand for superfast broadband and it might help to bring forward any planned upgrade for your area.
Gimlisk
Grafter

Ok, thank you.
I will wait and see what happens and check out the link.