Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UT3 Server list empty [PC]

henderson1977
Grafter

UT3 Server list empty [PC]

Hi all
I have been playing UT3 (Patch 1.3) for some weeks without any problems on my beefy PC.  However, I cannot get a list of servers at all and I have changed my filters to show full servers, changed from Deathmatch to CTF and other types of games too, all to no avail.  A Google search led me to open port 7777 on my router and add my PC to the DMZ, neither made any difference. 
I'm tempted to un/reinstall but wanted the thoughts of other first.
Anyone else have this problem please?
Cheers
Scott
3 REPLIES 3
Prod_Man
Grafter

Re: UT3 Server list empty [PC]

Hey there,
You shouldn't need to Port forward
as it's a Outbound connection not an Inbound connection.
I've had issues with Server Listings in the past... with ET and UT.
Most times I've either been:
1. Blind and not seen that the "Source:" Had been left on "Local / LAN" and not "Internet"
2. Disconnected due to the Router classing the High UDP Dataflow as a DoS Attack...
Assuming that it's none of those..
The only other thing to do, would be a quick Packet Sniff with Ethereal [ "Wireshark" ] / AnalogueX PacketMon
and supply an Attachment here [ or a Link to a Download service, which ever takes your fancy ].
Jim,
henderson1977
Grafter

Hi Jim - thanks for the reply.
Port forwarding advice - noted.
1. Definitely "Internet" selected, not "LAN".
2. Possibly. 
However, I've since discovered others on the Epic Forums with the same issue.  It appears to be a known issue with the Gamespy servers affecting the in-game server browser.  I took the advice on the forum to use SkUT3 which is a 3rd-party UT3 server browser that integrates with mIRC.  Once installed, I just fire up SkUT3 within a mIRC session, select the game type (Deathmatch, etc...) then connect and it automatically launch UT3 into the game - cool! 
http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=623472&page=10
Thanks
Scott
James
Grafter

That's pretty nifty Smiley