cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB Memory Support for the Xbox 360 coming April 6th

Steve
Seasoned Pro

USB Memory Support for the Xbox 360 coming April 6th

On April 6th, we will be releasing a system update over Xbox LIVE for your Xbox 360 that will allow USB flash drives to be used for storing profiles, game saves, demos and more.  I’ve been testing this feature out for a few weeks, and I have to say it’s really great. Once you take the system update on April 6th, you’ll be able to connect your USB flash drives to your console and head over to the memory section to configure your new storage device. Once you do that, the system will conduct a one time performance and integrity check to confirm the drive is working properly. You will then be able to configure how much storage to use on the device, up to 16 GB. The remaining space on the flash drive will be accessible by your PC or Mac. USB Hard drives may work, but like flash memory, you’ll only be able to use up to 16GB of space. Since performance on flash based USB storage is usually better, I highly recommend using flash based instead of spinning media like a hard drive…it’s just going to give you a MUCH better experience
Full Details....http://majornelson.com/archive/2010/03/26/USB-Memory-Support-for-the-Xbox-360-coming-April-6th.aspx
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
4 REPLIES 4
paulpicks21
Grafter

Re: USB Memory Support for the Xbox 360 coming April 6th

Interest info.
Its about time they added this feature!
Cheers
Paul.
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Yes they are a bit slow but they get there in the end  ;), It does not really matter to me as ive ample storage but will def come in handy for those with 20gb HDD.
paulpicks21
Grafter

Well for me , I currently put films onto my usb memory stick , I am able to play the films direct from the usb on the xbox (and watch them on my main tv) but there is no way of transfering them onto the xbox HDD.
I assume this new feature will now allow me to upload them from the stick to the HDD so I can build up a collection of films on there  Smiley
Edited to add - Just looked on the link and it says -
"We’ve also enhanced the memory management functions, so you’ll be able to have better control on what you want to copy or move between storage devices"
So should work.
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Certainly sounds that way Smiley