cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two Xbox on one connection.

Addnan
Grafter

Two Xbox on one connection.

My uncle has told me that he will be buying my little brother a 360 for his birthday. He will want to play some games online. Will there be any issues connecting 2 360's at the same time? The router is DG834G v5 if that makes a difference.
Thanks.
3 REPLIES 3
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Re: Two Xbox on one connection.

Yes it can be done. There are a few things to bear in mind though
•Not many routers will give both of your Xboxes a NAT status of Open. This is crucial for the best gaming experience. If your router cannot do this, both of your Xboxes may not even be able to play in the same game. Your router must fully support UPnP for this type of setup. Lots of routers have this functionality, but not many actually implement it correctly.
•The size of your internet connection is crucial. If you want to use two Xboxes on the same internet connection I would recommend 2Mb or above. Obviously the more Xboxes you use, the more bandwidth you require.
Can your own router support two or more?
If not your sure, this is the best way to test it:-
•Obtain the latest firmware for the router, or if your router is on the certified list obtain the certified firmware version listed
•Turn off any portforwarding or DMZ's you may have configured
•Set the Xbox IP Addresses to AUTO
•Ensure UPnP is enabled on the router
•Restart the router and wait 2 minutes
•Start up Xbox 1, run the Xbox live test, confirm NAT is Open and then log Xbox 1 into Marketplace (important)
•Start up Xbox 2 and run the Xbox live test and check your NAT status, if its Open you should be fine to play in the same games on Xbox live and chat. If its moderate or strict its very unlikely your router will support two or more xboxes with an Open NAT
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

given the absolutely terrible speed test and the previously reported stats
ADSL Link Downstream Upstream
Connection Speed 7424 kbps 448 kbps
Line Attenuation 28.0 db 15.5 db
Noise Margin 11.0 db 24 db
were you running anything else when you did the test such as P2P
Addnan
Grafter

Don't worry about my speedtest that was just a one off. Should really change that.
I get around 3mb in the evening and 5 in the morning.
Changed my sig.
I just wanted to know will there be any hardware incompatibilities, bandwidth should be ok since I can play ps3 and 360 at the same time online.