Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble playing Farcry3 on Xbox Live

mameha1977
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Trouble playing Farcry3 on Xbox Live

Is anyone else having trouble playing Farcry 3 online on Xbox live?
I think this is probably a Ubisoft server problem, not an Xbox Live or Plusnet problem.
I select multiplayer or co-op, it then tries in vain to put me into a game.  I wait 30 mins and after many errors etc it still doesnt work.  When I do manage to get a game, I get in straight away without any waiting.  Co-op seems easier to get into than multiplayer.
I am on wired connection, I have selected game sharing for xbox live on my thomson router.  Is there anything I can do or is this a known problem with the game?
11 REPLIES 11
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Re: Trouble playing Farcry3 on Xbox Live

Not seen this problem reported on here yet and it's been a month and a half.  Anyone else seen this? 
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
mameha1977
Dabbler

I looked in the thomson router software event log, and I see this kind of error coming up every minute or so while having the trouble on farcry online:
Jan 14 14:51:23 FIREWALL replay check (1 of 20): Protocol: ICMP Src ip: 74.60.128.62 Dst ip: Y.Y.Y.Y Type: Destination Unreachable Code: Port Unreacheable
(I replaced my static IP with Y.Y.Y.Y above)
I am not sure if this error is related/helpful, just FYI.
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Does it appear when you aren't searching for a game?
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
mameha1977
Dabbler

OK just tested this.
I spent 10 mins looking and failing to get into online games, during this period there were four different errors of the type shown above, as follows:
Jan 14 20:39:37 FIREWALL replay check (1 of 1): Protocol: ICMP Src ip: 84.171.211.228 Dst ip: Y.Y.Y.Y Type: Destination Unreachable Code: Communication Administratively Prohibited

Jan 14 20:37:23 FIREWALL replay check (1 of 13): Protocol: ICMP Src ip: 86.26.94.94 Dst ip: Y.Y.Y.Y Type: Destination Unreachable Code: Host Unreacheable

Jan 14 20:32:39 FIREWALL replay check (1 of 80): Protocol: ICMP Src ip: 200.180.168.94 Dst ip: Y.Y.Y.Y Type: Destination Unreachable Code: Port Unreacheable

Jan 14 20:27:28 FIREWALL replay check (1 of 4): Protocol: ICMP Src ip: 92.13.87.190 Dst ip: Y.Y.Y.Y Type: Destination Unreachable Code: Port Unreacheable
Then, I was able to get into a co-op online game.  I played it for 10 mins then quit out.  During that period there were no errors in the log.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi,
I've just noticed your post and I've experienced a similar problem with XBL multiplayer with this game too, I didn't notice any errors though. What errors did you see whilst trying to find/get into a game?
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
mameha1977
Dabbler

Well they patched it last week which was supposed to address this issue, however I found it had got better before the patch and the problem does sometimes reoccur even after the patch.
I can spot the problem early now though, then I just sign out your xbox live profile and resign in then the problem is gone.
It's just some bug with the game or the ubisoft servers.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

OK, good to know. I've not played for a few weeks as I've been roped into helping some friends out in Borderlands (not that I haven't enjoyed it!) so I'll give it another try later and watch myself being repeatedly killed on the killcam Smiley
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
mameha1977
Dabbler

I also suck! 
I've been experimenting a lot to find a weapon I feel comfortable with, I think I have settled for the Vector SMG and bow as secondary weapon when I need range.  Look me up (mameha) if you fancy playing some co-op or MP.
Ben_Brown
Grafter

I've only played it single player. Do you get signature weapons in Co-op/MP? If so I recommend the Ripper for running battles, and AMR for range.
mameha1977
Dabbler

All three games types (story, co-op, MP) are great.
Alas, the guns you get in co-op/MP are underpowered compared to the story mode, and the signature weapons are not available.  I use the Vector SMG which is similar to the shredder.
For what its worth I prefer the silenced sniper rifle to the AMR in story mode, although recently I am starting to use the bow/takedown approach instead of sniping.
Ben_Brown
Grafter

Quote from: mameha1977
For what its worth I prefer the silenced sniper rifle to the AMR in story mode, although recently I am starting to use the bow/takedown approach instead of sniping.

Ahh, but the AMR takes down heavies in one shot, and heavy beatdown isn't unlocked until you're almost on the second island Wink
As long as you're about 150m away they won't catch you with the AMR. One disadvantage is you can't open crates with animals in with it - it just kills the animal. I do like doing bow/takedowns though, feels great when you get it right.