cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tomb Raider

Lo

Tomb Raider

Hi there,
I'm new to Plusnet and the forum and so far, so good!  After years on Teflon...sorry Tesco.net, this Plusnet Broadband business is well, the bizz!  Shocked
Anyway, I just wondered if there are any 'Raiders' on board?  I personally have all the Tomb Raider games and rarely play anything else!
I won't launch into a  huge missive lest I find I am alone in my liking for TR but if there are any fellow Raiders out there who like to discuss the games, I hope you drop by!
Regards to all,
Lo  Smiley

cp:green Please do not use a bold typeface as it is seen a shouting and considered rude. I have also removed the italic as it can make the text hard to read. link:rules mod:end
7 REPLIES 7
Not applicable

Re: Tomb Raider

Dunno about 'Raiders' but whats with the funny [font]/[b]/[i]/[color] ?
Just plain text is fine - it makes it much easier to read Wink
James
Grafter

Nothing wrong with a little extra character to forum posts Smiley
geewizz
Grafter

I only managed a passing interest in Lara's adventures when I had the old Playstation plugged in. I got frustrated with it and ended up using a walkthrough book which was lent to me by a friend. That really killed my interest after a few nights.
On the subject of style, I applaud the subtle design choice. I wouldn't be in favour of everyone going nuts and posting in bright colours and slanty italics just to be different but I like the clarity of the odd poster using a different style of text.
Lo

I always post in bold, italic navy and have done since the older members of one of my forums complained that the default text was inadequate and difficult to read (small, pale and rather vague).  Black looks rather harsh in bold italics, hence the slightly more friendly looking navy!
I personally don't object to whatever fonts others use but I post it for ease of reading as opposed to flambouyancy or individuality  Wink
I guess one can't please everyone though!  Embarrassed
Oh and thanks geewizz, you just slipped in while I wasn't looking hehe!  Shame you gave up on Lara.  I play on the PC and there are walkthroughs online.  The older games are better in my opinion.  The next-gens have really compromised the adventurous quality of the game (expansive levels), in favour of fancy-pants graphics.  Most disappointing.

cp:green Please do not use a bold typeface as it is seen a shouting and considered rude. I have also removed the italic as it can make the text hard to read. link:rules mod:end
Danglese
Grafter

Hi, still regard the original Tomb Raider game as one of the best games I've played ever. .incredible creation and atmosphere. Played TR 2 and 3, still good games, then the series went a little off course after that IMHO. Would highly recommend the first Indiana Jones adventure game (a blatant TR ripoff, but works a treat) as an alternative, It's called Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine. Bye for now..
craigyoung
Grafter

I've always been a big TR fan.  Some of the games were less playable than the others - one, can;t remember which, made jumping across gaps a suicide mission - the camera would suddenly swivel at the last moment, making you jump in an entirely different direction.  But overall, the lovely Lara and I have spent many a happy evening together.
I donlt have that much time for gamming these days, but do have a PS3 and have been amazed by the quality of Motorstorm. Need to have a go at online gaming sometime soon, now I've upgraded to Option2.
Shame the TR films were never as good as they should have been though.
techguy
Grafter

Troed playing the anniversary demo (peraonally am a big Prince of Persia fan since the Jordan Mechner Dos version but got frustrated with the controls so gave up.
Not bad but for game play you cant beat POP, looking forward to the new one coming out.