Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This is getting ridiculous now.

Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Re: This is getting ridiculous now.

Yeah, that looks LOADS better than it did before.  How are the disconns atm?
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
JamesM
Grafter

I can't see that I have had any mate since I switched to PCL ag01 on Tuesday, maybe even a couple of days before then too. I have seen loads of Openreach vans in the area over the last couple of days, 2 or 3 vans at the same cab, so unless they are having union meetings, I would say they are fixing all the lines ready for fibre.  Cheesy
wo0x
Grafter

My graph also seems healthier today, no HD streaming or gaming yet though, just some general browsing and YouTube videos on a mobile device.
JamesM
Grafter

Unfortunately, gaming is still very bad  Sad
Kelly
Hero

JamesM:  I think it might be time to send Dave over for a cup of tea and a wireshark or three 😕
Kelly Dorset
wo0x
Grafter

I tried BF3 on my laptop just now, I put it on lower settings/resolution just to see if I could get a steady framerate. I was getting consistently above 30fps (which is what I get on PS3,) but the same stuttering and slow motion is present. Is it worth me trying to do a Wireshark capture? I had previously tried it with my PS3, but failed miserably, it may be easier on PC.
Ps, I notice James has a similar latency spike to mine around 10pm.
*edit* I've done a Wireshark (no idea if I've done it 100% correctly,) but I do see traffic from a BF3 server address to my laptop's IP and it shows as 0xa0, which I believe means titanium.
JamesM
Grafter

I have just put a wireshark cap on my fault question, I cannot see my reply so I don't know if it uploaded or not.
Kelly
Hero

I can't see it on there 😕
Kelly Dorset
JamesM
Grafter

3 wiresharks uploaded, will upload more tonight.
4 more uploaded.
Dmitchell
Grafter

Hello James.
I've received your Wireshark capture today and sent this over to our networks team to review the traffic.
I'll let you know on the fault ticket as soon as I hear back from them. Unfortunately they aren't in over the weekend so It's looking like Mon/Tuesday before they have a chance to review the data.
Sorry for the delay.
dick:quote
JamesM
Grafter

A new broadband graph, I know I am not playing BF3 anymore, but ARMA 3 is laggy, but that could be just due to the nature of the game.

Kelly
Hero

Were you downloading after midnight?  Your latency is messy!
Kelly Dorset
JamesM
Grafter

Yes mate, and a bit this afternoon, so it should settle down now. Retail ARMA is coming out on Thursday so hopefully they will have optimized it a bit better than the Alpha or Beta.
Was playing ARMA till about 10 PM, then streamed a movie, then downloading from midnight.
Before midnight yesterday