cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This is getting ridiculous now.

JamesM
Grafter

This is getting ridiculous now.

Play BF3 to try and relax of an evening but due to Plusnet that just isn't possible anymore. Gateway hopped tonight and not a blind bit of difference. The only way I can kill enemies lately is if they are stood right in front of me, or running in a straight line either toward or away from me. Tonight though I was shooting people point blank and nothing. I was getting killed for no reason too, I could run round a corner into a enemy HMMV, stop run back round the corner to safety, run about 20 yards then I would die. Kill cam showed the HMMV got me that was back around the corner.
So I tried sniping, head shot after head shot and not 1 kill registered.
Sort it out Plusnet, this is not on, You have had long enough so maybe get someone in who can sort it for you.
222 REPLIES 222
Blim
Grafter

Re: This is getting ridiculous now.

I get that same problem, I'll shoot a chopper with the tank and I see it hit but it does nothing at all. It should be a one hit kill. I get this same problem in MW2 & 3. both these games are client side hit detection and this is the problem. That and lag comp with low latency connection vs people playing with 100+ ping or in my care anything about 20ping because thats 2 times my ping (10-15 uk servers).
I really think its the game but Id also like to be part of some sort of test with say no traffic management at all just to be sure.

I totally know what your feeling right now. For the past 2 years I've not enjoyed must online gaming because of the lack of people playing good games that work fine.

PS. I really would like to do some testing on this if PN are willing.
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

JamesM:  Sorry if I've asked this before, but does it play fine during the day and gets worse at peak?
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
Kelly
Hero

Blim:  Well, I'm not sure what we can do there to test that.  We might need to break something to get you out of the QOS detection.
Kelly Dorset
JamesM
Grafter

For the first time in ages Kelly I played a game in the daytime, Friday about 1:00 PM. I ended up about 130 kills for 25 deaths. I then played in the evening 8:00 PM ish on the same server and ended up around 50 kills for 40 deaths, and around 10:30 PM the lagg set in. I should change my ingame name to camper because really that is all I can do to get kills lately. That, and find high ground in a building drop a few gaymores to cover my rear and just nade spam.  Wink
flaminmoses
Grafter

just had a session on fifa 13
played in div 2 got beat and its not really feeling right.
played on another prfile in div 10 and no way should i be getting beat there....but i did.
did a ping test and my ping has shot up from 5ms to over 40 and jitter is around 30 too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Blim
Grafter

Its bad all the time for me. Im always hitting stuff but doing no damage in bf3.
I have little problems playing games hosted on a server, maybe a small bit of "I thought I was behind a wall when you killed me " but nothing like bf3 does.
@ kelly
Its not worth it, its clearly the game in bf3's case. EA cant make a game work online and I don't want to waste anyones time over that if it means braking something. The game is not worth it. Ive proved its the game by playing bo2 and I owned at it like the old days again.
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

@blim , sorry but i cannot agree that the game BF3 is the problem , i play every night with friends most are in Holland & Sweden  we chat on TS  but no one except me is having this problem  Huh
it is also strange that by gateway hopping the game becomes playable again  Huh
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Kelly
Hero

rongtw:
Are you suggested that you play BF3 for an hour and it becomes sluggish.  If you gateway hope, it immediately becomes playable again?
Does it degrade further on that gateway?  On the same server?
Kelly Dorset
Blim
Grafter

This problem does seem to affect people with fast connections and low latency.
Maybe there is a relation between people with bad hit detection on low latency connections and there ISP's heavy traffic management systems.
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

@kelly yes something like that , sometimes its ok for a few days but then like just now  ptn-ag03. realy bad lagg in game but yesterday was fine , so going to hop again which noremally sorts it  Wink
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Blim
Grafter

Quote from: JamesM
For the first time in ages Kelly I played a game in the daytime, Friday about 1:00 PM. I ended up about 130 kills for 25 deaths. I then played in the evening 8:00 PM ish on the same server and ended up around 50 kills for 40 deaths, and around 10:30 PM the lagg set in. I should change my ingame name to camper because really that is all I can do to get kills lately. That, and find high ground in a building drop a few gaymores to cover my rear and just nade spam.  Wink

I too must admit it gets worse as the day goes on. I wonder what PN are willing to do about this to help identify the problem. I don't think I can suggest anything more. Ive sed what I think could be the problem but its up to PN now.
Daveodeth
Grafter

Just to add to this, I have been having horrible latency during the evening. pings to servers which should be in the low 50 range are up in the 100's. been happening since the weekend.
Added a trace if that helps
lowlatency
Grafter

Look please this is just getting stupid  Angry these issues have been happening from the very beginning from when i have joined plusnet and l refuse to do any more bloody gateway hopping.
im paying £29 a month for a crappy 3 bloody meg internet connection that is more shocking than talktalk, and that is seriously saying something!

Kelly
Hero

What are your download speeds right now?
Kelly Dorset