Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Thief 4 - I think I have wasted my money despite the large discount

5 REPLIES 5
Finguz
Grafter

Re: Thief 4 - I think I have wasted my money despite the large discount

I never pre-order games these days, sadly 90% are not finished and sequels are usually nothing like the version from years ago that you loved, when developers made games because they loved them too  Wink
These days mainstream titles are just like like Hollywood blockbusters, some amazing visuals and then a huge vacuum where the gameplay/story/innovation should be.
Can you cancel the pre-order?
Edit: Also, if you're a fan of the previous games, have you tried The Dark Mod?
Oldjim
Resting Legend

A long time player of it - from when it needed Doom3 to run
Finguz
Grafter

Ah never mind then, as you know, it's a great mod  Cool
chrcoluk
Grafter

I watched a lets play of this, and in one part the subtitles were about 4 seconds out of sync with the audio, something that should clearly be picked up in testing.
I applaud the author fo that review as now days I think the gaming media is in bed with the publishers so as such most reviews are effectively fake, but of course the telegraph isnt the gaming media which might explain the more honest review.
Oldjim
Resting Legend

I am part way through the prologue and it is totally linear with no opportunity to deviate from the prescribed path
I hope that changes when I start a proper mission otherwise it will be a total disaster
As a note - with my system the performance was absolutely dire even during the menu displays at the start
Forcing it to use the 32 bit executable instead of the 64 bit one fixed it (the problem was that it was maxing out the CPU) so basically the 64 bit version is very badly screwed and changing to the 32 bit version even on a high end system boosts the frame rate