Grafter

The war Z

I can't wait for this

10 REPLIES 10
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: The war Z

Hmm, played some of this with a mate recently. It was alright but required a bit more time than I'm prepared to put in to something at the moment, will definitely give it a go at some point though.
St3
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 5

abit like bf3 alpha Wink
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

That reminds me I haven't played Black Ops 2 Zombies yet.
The WarZ looks interesting though.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

more Zombies  Angry
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
JamesM
Grafter

How is Blck Ops 2 Strat  ? I watched my Nephew on it for a while and he played the cruise ship and the aircraft carrier map, unfortunately they both looked a little confined for my playing style. Are there any bigger maps ?. Also doing a google search I noticed a few people saying there might be vehicles involved. I have asked on a few BF3 servers how black ops 2 is, but I just get the typical narrow minded answers, such as go away kid,  :D.
I know what you mean Matt, it does look time consuming. I remember playing the first Hidden and Dangerous, you could pick 3 other soldiers to command, bring the map up and send them to cover you while you did the mission. I just used to pick a sniper rifle, leave the other three at the start of the map and crawl round on my belly sniping the Germans. I would still be up at 4 in the morning from 7 at night playing. I wish I could get back into those games again instead of these run and gun games of today.
The video I posted War-z appeals to me mainly because of the banter between the bloke shooting and foraging, and the bloke on the overpass watching him waiting for supplies. Get a couple of mates on comms and just watch each others backs.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

I'd love that kind of game if it were on the Xbox 360.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

@JamesM I'm enjoying it and yes there are bigger maps although not on the scale of BF3.
As to vehicles I haven't explored that far yet apart from a no stopping train flying though the station on Express.
http://www.blackopsii.com/bo2/multiplayer-maps/
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
JamesM
Grafter

A few of those maps look pretty good Strat, I will call round and see my nephew tomorrow and have a look at them on his x-box.
The consoles are getting more powerful Chris so I can't understand why they dont do a console version. It's probably easier to program the games for a PC, but with a lot of PC games now starting off as console first games, then it might not be too long.
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

@ JamesM ,, i used to love Hidden and Dangerous, great game  Wink
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
JamesM
Grafter

Hey Ron,
Yep H&D was one of my favourite games, so atmospheric. My favourite part was at the train yard, crawling along the floor with my sniper rifle. It took me ages to do the bit where you kill all the Germans in town, then you have to get over the bridge before the little boat set off.
I bought H&D 2 but never completed it, I got up to where I was in a desert compound, killed all the enemies then a tank appeared outside the compound, I snuck up behind it but didn't have anything to blow it up with. I formatted my PC a while later and didn't save the saved games so had to start off back at the begining in the snow. Played it a few more times but then I started playing CSS online and never really played a single player again, apart from Age of Empires 2, that has to be in my top 5. Hmmm now where did I put my AOE disk Smiley