Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The New XBox Experience

clockley
Grafter

The New XBox Experience

Anyone else got this yet?
What do you think?  Personally, I like it.
15 REPLIES 15
James
Grafter

Re: The New XBox Experience

Set it up very briefly last night.  not really had a chance to play yet.
It's going to take a bit of time getting used to...
scootie
Grafter

yep i like it.
the party chats kewl. i dont need to SHOUT now when playing games form hdd Smiley
my media centre extender is quite laggy when i first try and browse my music collection even thoe the media has bein added .each time it takes a minute before it un frezzes. And also when using the standard music player and selceting portable device ie usb stick it takes awhile for that to load where b4 it was instant.
wee problems but over all its an improvment
scootie
Grafter

I had to rebboot my router last night due to abit of lag.
And when i tryed to connect again it would'nt but this happens alot. 5 mins later all is o.k but thought i would play with the network test why i waited and found it dosent show you mtu, nat lke before.
all it shows you is your network and xbox live and if theres problem a box pops up surrgesting what to do.
microsofts top tip it gave me was to turn my router on and off.
i would like to know how you find out the status of your nat now on the new dashboard?
Ben_Brown
Grafter

I love it, especially playing games from the HDD, much quieter and a fair bit smoother too.
The whole thing looks much nicer and fresher than the old 'blades' interface too.
alex1937

I like the new dash very quick and easy to use and looks great.
Grff
Grafter

Generally I like the new dash, but would really like them to sort a few things out.
Like have the default page go to "My xbox", instead of the "spotlight" that I simply skip past every time.
It also seems to be a pain to find somethings, and having to pull up the mini blade system to look through there for stuff is annoying.
Does anyone else get the dash hang for a couple of seconds, usually when it's to do with friends and other gamers information.
One example is when playing Call of Duty 4 (from the HDD in case it makes a difference).  If, in a game or at a lobby, I press Y to view a persons gamertag to mute them, it displays the basic info, then hangs for around 4 seconds.  It appears like it takes it's time to pull in the gamer picture, as once that shows it comes back to life.
If I'm muting a couple of people this takes a while, where previously it used to take seconds.
I guess I should try playing it from the DVD to rule out if running it from the disk is the problem (i.e. a caching issue).  I doubt it is, but I can rule it out.

scootie
Grafter

i have read theards on the xbox forum where people complain about alot of issues with the new dash and cod4. 1 i rember is parties getting disconected when joing cod4 games.
does the gamer profiles hang on any other game?
havent played cod4 since new dash was relesed addicted to cod waw (aka cod5) now and no hang ups with that game on my system. yet i dont find the need to mute many people on cod5 thanks to the new option of doing local searches for hosts. since relese i have maybe heard 4 yanks in all the hours i have played Smiley
Niyx

Personally? I love it. A much nicer interface replacing the laggy side-frame of the previous dash.
Opinions on the fanboy forums (Xbox.com) seem to vary wildly, from some people edging on the homocidal levels whilst others are kinda... meh.
I don't really see many issues; party chat ensures that you can have a laugh with more than one friend, without having some yank screaming or questioning my sexuality.
The "guide-button" dash is nice but I still can't find a few options that I miss from the old pop-out, and as someone before me has said, they have removed a lot of the more "in-depth" features such as the feedback on network settings, I can imagine it's to stop little jimmy and jenny getting confused when they want to play Hello Kitty and they can't connect to XbL, but its a nuisance when you actually want to find out the problem of your connection only to get a "Microsoft-IT Crowd"-esque response of "Turn it off and on again"
Tyreal74
Grafter

I think its killed chat in games, the party system just kills any COD comms on Cod4 and WaW, overall i like it just wish i could customise what channels i want showing.
i do find its somewhat laggy loading friends lists and xbox prompts (i.e friend online, message and such)
like it though, allthough the themes need a little work
scootie
Grafter

does any one know if the party feature of new dashboard is the reason cod waw dosent have mercenery team death match any more?.
dont like team deathmatch on cod waw when your team is made up of lone solders and the other team is manily a clan all talking tatics.
Tyreal74
Grafter

i think MTDM was dropped because it was a little used playlist.
but overall what ive found with TDM is apart fromt he odd clan, overall theyre all lone wolves, i play in party chat with a bunch of mates so get assigned a squad, we have a clan tag but were not a clan its  for fun mainly- were usually talking football =]
might be something in a google search about MTDM
scootie
Grafter

iam sure when i use to look at amount of players in each mode on cod4 that mtdm was about the 3rd most played mode.
iam getting sick an tried of clan parties that have 7+ players which then means the game cant start coz it cant balance.
where you online on the ocassions that cod waw's tdm lobbys all broke and got stuck on balacing teams. maybe big clans where the cause of this. i have seen this twice my self and have to end up playing free for all when it happens.
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Time you got a PS3 and came and played with the big boys then ASBO Wink
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Tyreal74
Grafter

Ha!
Well i can honestly say while im not in an official clan there are 6 of us who play regularly and people see us and just think sod it and leave.
but i dont have problems when solo finding games in tdm without many clans in, try the local setting might bring up something more suited
as for Ps3 dont make me laugh, your online system is worse than ours ^_^