Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrible ping for the last 2 months.

Wozza2016
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Terrible ping for the last 2 months.

Hi.

I have plusnet unlimited on a copper cable (not fibre).  I while ago when I was gaming on Quakelive the connection went pants and I thought the server had been spammed.  Since then my ping has been very erratic and I get lots on ping spikes while playing the game.  I did a speedtest on my tablet and that was fine so I thought it might be my router so I changed that.  Then I thought it could be my wifi card so I changed that also.  But no it is still very poor.  The thing that convinced me it was a Plusnet issue is I have been doing a ping trace on my tablet last night and tonight and the results are all over the place (just like they were on my PC weeks ago).  I tried to play Quakelive just now and it was unplayable (sometimes my ping went up to 999) and I got kicked from a server.

I'll take a screenshot tomorrow of a ping trace and show you the issue and post it here.

Please can someone from Plusnet look into this for me and sort this out.

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
tokey
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: Terrible ping for the last 2 months.

are you able to give it a try cabled directly to the router?

Wozza2016
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Re: Terrible ping for the last 2 months.

Hi.

Its difficult to get a cable to the router it is just too far.  It has been more stable over the weekend (but not perfect) so I shall leave this thread open and if it returns I shall pop back in.

Thanks.