Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telephone Line effecting online gaming

flaminmoses
Grafter

Re: Telephone Line effecting online gaming

right
played a few sessions in the last few hours and this is the result.
switched on fifa.
now in division 4 from being a div 1 title winner with 12 premier cups.
usually the lower the divisions the much easier it gets.
1st game.
starts off ok....nice tidy possesion and quite incisive have about 8 efforts on goal to his 2....shooting seemed a bit odd seemed like no chance of scoring really but the build up play was fine.
second half and much the same...play slows down a bit and the inevitable happens...go to cushion a long ball to another defender and it drops way short of the fullback with their man not near enough to worry me....im a quick thinking player so know where and when to play before the ball needs to be played...remember this ball was in mid air when i had made my decision.
ball drops short fullback seems a bit slow reacting and gets ina  tussle and falls over leaving the opposition with men over and he scores.
2nd game.
started off even but i noticed that their players were very sharp and quick in closing down....even if i set mine ti high pressure mine are never that quick.
get no time to settle but am keeping the ball by moving it around the back 4 and midfield....create a couple of chances because he over commits.
then try to play a simple ball to the wing...it deosnt travel with the right velocity and gets intercepted....their player babel has incredible speed and control and beats a few players (more like my players were not reacting much even with manual switching) and he scores a rocket from 20 odd yards.
switch the ps3 off and go into the routers settings.
change download to the ps3 to 8MBS and leave the upload at between .3 and .6.
try again
same thing as above.
go back into router settings and change the upload to 0-.3 and the download to 4MBS.
first games a dream...demolish the opponent
second game and this team are super charged ajax again....now their forward line arent that strong compared to my string midfielders and westerman an ultra strong defender.....so they obvious tear me a new one bustling through my midfield and defence knocking over stronger players.
next game play real sociedad.
their passing is so quick and fast and their crossing was ping pong esk....he had a clear advantage in every aspect of the game.
this is just plain nuts

the only real way to tell if plusnet is the cause os to do testing which costs money.
ie..get a new ps3 to eliminate that as the problem.
the other is to change isp to one that doesnt traffic manage.
but as you and others dont have anything other than 12 month contracts how are we , the gameing comunity , supposed to choose wisely?
im off soon so im gonna cancel my contract anyway.
but when i come back there is zero chance of me re joining plusnet.
youve become like all the other isp's used to be before bt bought you out.
bt are a typical privatised company who care only about money and not a good service....not your fault i know.
but where do us gamers go from here?