Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Teamspeak - Cannot connect to server

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

Teamspeak - Cannot connect to server

I am having trouble connecting to a teamspeak server. It had been working fine up until a couple of nights ago and then suddenly I am not able to connect anymore. My friends are all able to get in and use it the same as before but for some reason my connection refuses to let me in. I have opened up ports on my firewall and on the router but still nothing.

Has anyone had any similar issues when connecting to a teamspeak server?

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Teamspeak - Cannot connect to server

This is a bit moot but my eldest uses this service but I’ve never had to open any ports to let it work, it simply does.

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thats the odd thing about it.. it has worked perfectly up until about 3 days ago. Just refuses to let me into the server I have been connecting to everyday.

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

BDevine
Grafter
Fixes: 2

I did notice a teamspeak update recently, perhaps check for updates or re-install afresh as something could have corrupt with update? Tried to get to any other servers?

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Weirdly it will let me in on servers using the server browser so random Russian public servers seem to work fine. Just the ones I have saved (about 4 of them) don't work.

I will try reinstalling.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't know if this will help but I've just asked my son to check to see if his is working and when he ran the software it said an update was available but skipping it he still managed to connect. Apparently he uses American servers.

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Mine has been working fine since last update , i would agree to try a reinstall Thumbs_Up

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks all, will try reinstalling.

Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Any joy?

Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I figured out what was going on, forgot to post about what happened.

So I tried reinstalling TS - no joy.

Tried all sorts of other things like flushing my DNS, renewing my IP, resetting the router... nothing worked. So then I had a think about what I could have possible done inbetween it working and then suddenly not. Then I figured out what had happened.

So just before my TS stopped letting me connect, I had bought the Humble Bundle for PC Lovers bundle which has lots of software like 3DMark, Deamon Tools and others. In this was an app called 'System Mechanic 16.5'. All it does is tidy up your registry, get rid of dead files and tune up windows. I used to use these types of software a lot with Windows XP and thought it would be good to see how bad my windows 10 had got in the 2 years I have had it installed.

So I used the recomended fixes from this app which also involved changing some stuff to my network connection (for reasons I do not know). This is what I think had messed up my network for connecting to TS.

Anyway, I loaded up a restore point from the day before I installed the application and then my TS started working again. So I wont be installing that again in the near future.

St3
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 5

noob

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

LOL ste

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
St3
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 5

yup i been playing many online games with this noob for alittle while now, he is a nice chap.... well kinda...

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I am lovely @St3 Wink you have provided me with some good laughs while playing Rocket League. I should start playing more in the next few weeks as my new office is almost finished now.