Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Teamspeak 3 Losses connection

adam1240
Grafter

Teamspeak 3 Losses connection

Hello, i'm on Fiber 40up 19down
I keep getting issue's with Team speak when no one else on has my issues. (on the TS server)
Basically what happens is, people start to sound really static and i lose connection and can rejoin about 5 minute's later.
Has anyone experienced this and know a fix?
Tried some fixes like check DDOS protection, Firewall SPI no luck.

Thanks.
18 REPLIES 18
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Re: Teamspeak 3 Losses connection

happened to me a few times last week , but has since been ok
which version have you ? i remember a update a few days back .

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
adam1240
Grafter

Yeh, i got the latest version.
rongtw
Seasoned Hero

i would say it looks like a sound card problem  Huh
adam1240
Grafter

It's not that, it's packet loss, nothing to do with sound card, as i'm using a Logitech G430 Headset with it's own usb sound card, however i downgraded the TS to 3.0.14 seem's like it's fixed, but could be a fluke as sometime's it's fine and messed up a day later.
rongtw
Seasoned Hero

it cant be packet loss , i play bf 4 and get packet loss in game but never drop TS .
i have a xonar DX card and Qpad QH90 headset  , only problems last week before update ?? on Odd occasions.
are you using onboard sound ?Huh
adam1240
Grafter

I'm using Logitech G430 USB Sound card for Surround Sound.
rongtw
Seasoned Hero

i found this with Mr Google  Wink
Start--> Run --> ping www.google.com -t
This will run a ping nonstop until you either close the command prompt window or hit control and c at the same time.  Try it without TS running, then run it with TS running as you have issues and see what happens.  If no changes then it's an issue with your teamspeak software. If you start seeing packets dropping then i'd try a driver reinstall. If no luck after that I'm out of ideas without restoring windows from scratch
St3
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 5

i get it sometimes i think its down to the host you connect too.
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 2

back when I played different games I could never use teamspeak because of my Logitech keyboard, something to do with the software prevented the program form working properly for more than a few seconds at a time, I tired using teamspeak a few times in the last few months and despite having a much newer keyboard still had the same problems with it, if memory serves it is down to the Logitech software using the same irq settings causing a conflict and taking priority, try with a different headset and see of the problem disappears chances are its just a problem with usb based devices but who knows /
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
FortKnox101
Grafter

Myself and a friend have been experiencing the same issue in the past few days. High Ping and Packet Loss of 50%. Both on Plusnet, Shes in Sunderland, England and I'm in Newtown, Wales so obviously two separate parts of the country. We cant explain why its happening. All our other friends on TeamSpeak are with Sky and Virgin Media and are perfectly free of the issue. Ironically I can hear them perfectly its just when I try and speak the I am a cut up piece of gibberish to them and end up with CONNECTION LOST quite frequently. I ended up re-installing Teamspeak 3 last night which sorted the issue. But my friend in Sunderland tried the same but still the Packet Loss continued.
At a loss of what it could be. I'd have to see if it happens again tonight. If it does somehow I don't think its a software issue somehow.
FortKnox101
Grafter

Okay maybe it is a software issue perhaps. It happened again tonight but this time I disabled my AVG and re-enabled it for Teamspeak 3 to work properly. Either way its becoming an annoying problem. But it doesn't look like it can be plusnet as Wireshark says its being Traffic Managed correctly and TeamSpeak on the Mobile worked perfectly on my Wifi while my Teamspeak 3 app on PC was having trouble. But nothings changed on my PC to merit this problem.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

When the sound starts to go poor, try a speedtest at that point in time.
From memory there's also a way to see connection status within TS3, although that may only be the admins that can see it.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 2

@fort
did you not install the updates when they were released then ?

if it works flawlessly through your mobile I would stick to using it that way, then you can see who's talking each time, which helps greatly when someone starts doing funny things .......
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
FortKnox101
Grafter

Quote from: nanotm
@fort
did you not install the updates when they were released then ?

if it works flawlessly through your mobile I would stick to using it that way, then you can see who's talking each time, which helps greatly when someone starts doing funny things .......

Mobile version was affected tonight too. I had the latest installed on the pc originally anyway its just the night in question when I re-installed over the top of it, it started working properly again but some nights the packet loss is still happening.
Chris, everything else works fine. Speed Testing gives full speed, torrents download fine etc. Just Teamspeak seems to be affected at times. Using Wireshark it shows that traffic is being managed correctly. But I haven't tested Wireshark when Teamspeak is having trouble. When I get a chance I'll test and let you know.