cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Team Fortress 2 server

Firejack
Grafter

Team Fortress 2 server

Well I've setup Team Fortress 2 on the server I'm running for Plus.net. Just doing some testing at the moment. Got 10 people on at the moment and everything seems stable.
One problem is the server is stuck at 50 tick again. This is a problem I've encountered on every Half Life 2 mod I've run on the Plusnet server. I did ask Josh awhile back if he could fix it but he wasn't available and I didn't want to push him as I knew he was busy with work.
With the renewed interest in the server that Team Fortress seems to of introduced I was wondering if it was possible to get this problem fixed?
It requires the Kernel to be recompiled with the Kernel timer increased to from what I assume is 50Hz judging by the 50fps limit imposed on the server at the moment to a higher value. At least 100 is required. As I understand it most game servers run with the kernel timer set to 1000Hz these days for smooth performance.
Thanks if anyone of the Plus.net staff can help out with this Smiley
3 REPLIES 3
Mark
Grafter

Re: Team Fortress 2 server

I'll have a word with some of the networks bods tomoz and see what we can organise. I wont make any promises as they are massivley busy rignt now but I'll ask nicely.
Smiley
Firejack
Grafter

Got another problem now. People are reporting the Steam server list is showing up with a high ping (350-ish!) but its much lower when connected. Something changed in the server move last week?
Firejack
Grafter

Err fixed the high ping problem. Dam typo's will be the death of me!